Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


GTR tuners in Perth


oktaytrz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Want to hear from the fellow SAU WA members about their experiences getting their car tuned.

My build is almost finished I've started looking at tuners. So far I have 3 tuners in my list and which i'd like to hear about others opinions. 

  • PZP
  • HyperDrive
  • Tune Corp

Any input would be much appreciated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hyperdrive have tuned my RB26 for the last 13 years. Stock motor making 600rear still going strong.

Andy can get pretty busy but know's his Nissans.  

Tunes all the usual too, powerFC, link, nistune, haltech, motec etc etc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/09/2020 at 10:07 PM, Butters said:

Hyperdrive have tuned my RB26 for the last 13 years. Stock motor making 600rear still going strong.

Andy can get pretty busy but know's his Nissans.  

Tunes all the usual too, powerFC, link, nistune, haltech, motec etc etc

Thanks for your reply mate. I am leaning towards Andy as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The shop I used in Beckenham returned my car like this.
It's a small sample of the amateur work done 

Turbo oil drain fouling on turbo manifold, look at it beginning to bubble up.

Brought them a brand new gearbox to fit, they put no oil in it and Dynod it like that.
They told me to not let it become a subject of an online forum discussion

Drove a 50mm long bolt into the RB26 fuel rail mount thread replacing the existing 40mm Plazmamann one already in there.  It bottomed out onto coolant rail, mount snapped, proceeded to Dyno car with snapped fuel rail mount.  

As I like to make fair assessment, I bought a spare manifold/spacer assembly and on the bench I was able to mock up that the installed bolt was indeed too long and caused the failure.

Be careful on your choice and ensure you get good work regardless of who you choose.  You earned the money fairly.

20201011_152859.jpg

20200819_134124.jpg

90435889_231526151353506_4247126681787039744_n.jpg

20201011_165913.jpg

Edited by RB335
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RB335 said:

The shop I used in Beckenham returned my car like this.
It's a small sample of the amateur work done 

Turbo oil drain fouling on turbo manifold, look at it beginning to bubble up.

Brought them a brand new gearbox to fit, they put no oil in it and Dynod it like that.
They told me to not let it become a subject of an online forum discussion

Drove a 50mm long bolt into the RB26 fuel rail mount thread replacing the existing 40mm Plazmamann one already in there.  It bottomed out onto coolant rail, mount snapped, proceeded to Dyno car with snapped fuel rail mount.  

As I like to make fair assessment, I bought a spare manifold/spacer assembly and on the bench I was able to mock up that the installed bolt was indeed too long and caused the failure.

Be careful on your choice and ensure you get good work regardless of who you choose.  You earned the money fairly.

20201011_152859.jpg

20200819_134124.jpg

90435889_231526151353506_4247126681787039744_n.jpg

20201011_165913.jpg

Sorry to hear the terrible experience you've had with the dyno shop man.. the only 'reputable' shop in Beckenham I can think of starts with C...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grant - https://www.facebook.com/gsautoworksau/   for mechanical work. 

Rob Turner also does top work and will tune also. 

 

Both shops get very busy though and often cost a bit more due to the fact only quality leaves. 

Then as I said Hyperdrive a great option for tuning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Butters said:

Grant - https://www.facebook.com/gsautoworksau/   for mechanical work. 

Rob Turner also does top work and will tune also. 

 

Both shops get very busy though and often cost a bit more due to the fact only quality leaves. 

Then as I said Hyperdrive a great option for tuning. 

Hi mate,

Grant is building my car 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • Latest Posts

    • So….. I’ve replaced all the coils and made sure I have a spark by fitting a spark plug to one of the new coils and cranking the engine. I’ve ensured I have fuel by removing what I assume is the ‘return to tank’ fuel line and cranking the engine. So I have a spark and fuel and the car still won’t run. Any ideas? may be time to get an auto electrician out! 
    • EFI Solutions aka Taarks have a great kit just for that. Better to have facts/data before making a decision. https://www.efisolutions.com.au/exhaust-pressure-sensor-pulse-damper-emap
    • I'm not sure why you removed the sound deadener???  Don't bother with DIY remedies... this is how you can do it properly. For the lightly stained areas, just stick to a fine grade wet sand paper....and then paint over once the stain is gone. For the worst areas...especially the pitted ones...you just need to sand the rust in the localised spot working down from a heavier grit to medium grit wet sandpaper, which will get most of the rust off. It's just localised rust from the spare wheel touching the boot. Don't go to town on sanding the whole boot...not needed! Try to avoid sanding the seam sealer etc (obviously) After the rust spots are down to bare metal - use a fine brush dipped in "RUST DEOXIDISER"...and carefully apply this to the little rust areas. It's important the chemical you use is DEOXIDISER. After applying that, let it sit for a while and obviously wipe off with prepsol before it dries, and repeat 3-4 times. If you go to a panel shop they will probably be able to sell you some - as the trade products are a shitload stronger than retail products. After deoxidising the rust, scuff the surrounding paint with red scotch brite....& then you are ready to apply etch primer and then paint the matte gray colour on. Mask up the surrounding area using tape & paper..... as you don't need to paint the whole boot, just blend it in and keep the repair as small as possible. Spray can paint or spray gun depending on your level of expertise will be fine. Probably will cost you about $100-$150 in materials.  
    • Interesting. The 30/900 looks right on paper but weather it gives me enough headroom is the question. I dont have a pressure sensor in the exhaust manifold so I won't know if I have a restriction unfortunately.
    • It depends if your current turbine is a restriction or not, if it is go up to the 35, it’s it’s not then stick the 30. Also the g30 turbine wheel will flow more then your gt30 one either way you go the compressor wheel is going walk away from your current turbo 
×
×
  • Create New...