SAU Community

R32 power fc boost controller help

10 minutes ago, BK said:

No, you have to run a separate MAP sensor on Power FC purely for the boost control side mate, the boost control does not use the engine load MAPs which are tapped into the 2 X AFM signal wires. So on a GTR d Jetro you end up having three Apexi MAP sensors on an RB26.

Where can you plug that into though? As the plug for it on the ECU is already used with the other map sensor.. and I am running a hks t51r single .

Edited by Hudeani_r32

21 minutes ago, Hudeani_r32 said:

I don't have any 2 pin wire there to do that! That's the problem. The gts doesn't have the same boost solenoid as the gtr. Has one over by the turbo. But as that loom as been changed for the gtr along with the battery connector loom I don't have that either. All there is is that 3 pin cable where the correct 2 pin should be!

Why is this so hard?

Run a new 2 core cable from the ECU adapter out to the engine bay and put a matching plug and socket onto it and the boost solenoid. You know, manually, like with your hands. A little actual wiring, not just plugging shit together.

12 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Why is this so hard?

Run a new 2 core cable from the ECU adapter out to the engine bay and put a matching plug and socket onto it and the boost solenoid. You know, manually, like with your hands. A little actual wiring, not just plugging shit together.

Would rather not have to cut up the ECU harness that's why. Would rather of used the factory wires if they were there. But as they are not I'm asking for help on other options. Would rather replace my broken stand alone boost controller than hack up the harness lol. Only went for the Apexi as I thought the garage had fitted the whole gtr loom as I supplied them with it including the fuse box side of things. But looks like they haven't. Even though the battery cables have been changed for the new ones.. that's why I was confused in not seeing the factory 2 pin for the solenoid. 

to be honest, I think you are best getting someone to do the install for you. The process is reasonably straightforward but I guess you aren't confident to do it so best get some help rather than get it wrong and blow your motor up

The connection from the PFC to the solenoid is 2 wires, but it is not plug an play. Any auto electrical person should be able to look after that part.

You also need a pre throttle boost source for the map sensor, which needs 3 wires back to the ECU too.

31 minutes ago, Duncan said:

to be honest, I think you are best getting someone to do the install for you. The process is reasonably straightforward but I guess you aren't confident to do it so best get some help rather than get it wrong and blow your motor up

The connection from the PFC to the solenoid is 2 wires, but it is not plug an play. Any auto electrical person should be able to look after that part.

You also need a pre throttle boost source for the map sensor, which needs 3 wires back to the ECU too.

I'm more than confident in doing the work. Done most of the work on the car myself. And the kit is plug and play if I had the stock wire as it has the same plug. Even if it wasn't the same plug I can happily change them to ones that match. The problem is I don't have that wire to do so. And would rather not cut up a perfectly good harness after having problems with a hacked up one from its life in Japan! What I want to know is exactly where on the loom the cable for the gtr stock boost solenoid is. And if I can in even fit the gtr loom from the fuse box side into my gtst and it work. Everyone seems to be ignoring the questions I have asked! I know where it should be fitted And how to fit it. But I don't have that option so need advice on what else I can do. 

40 minutes ago, Hudeani_r32 said:

exactly where on the loom the cable for the gtr stock boost solenoid is

It's not on the engine loom. It's on the driver's side engine bay body loom. You don't have it. The wires are not there. Stop looking for them and start plumbing in the cable that you are going to need.

Plus, you're not having up any ECU loom. You're just going to stitch 2 wires into the PFC boost controller.

15 hours ago, Hudeani_r32 said:

The gts doesn't have the same boost solenoid as the gtr. Has one over by the turbo.

This is wrong. Because, as I posted MUCH earlier

23 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

There is no "standard boost controller cable" on an R32 GTSt. They didn't have a boost control solenoid, so......they didn't have a cable for it.