SAU Community

R32 GTR missing compliance plate

Ma_R32-GTR

Hi everyone, I have purchased a R32 GTR that was unregistered. the previous owner said it was registered in NSW 6-7 years ago. Did a PPSR check and it came clean, the date of compliance was more than 30 years ago, last registered state was NSW & currently unregistered.. I could only find the VIN number inside the bonnet, which match the chassis & engine number, couldn't find the Compliance plate anywhere but the PPSR check says its compliant. I was told by my mates that I need to get an ID check done to get it registered in SA. any help is highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Definitely need id check. They aren't the same guys that do the full inspections, but they won't let obvious modifications through, can't have loud exhaust etc.

Ring them and ask re missing plate. Is it an import?

1 minute ago, Ben C34 said:

Definitely need id check. They aren't the same guys that do the full inspections, but they won't let obvious modifications through, can't have loud exhaust etc.

Ring them and ask re missing plate. Is it an import?

Okie. it got coilovers, turbo gauge & got few chassis rail bend due to forklift..exhaust it not loud, apart from that its all good. 

I was told it was on storage for few years here in aus. probably grey import 30 years back, maybe has taken part in 1990 bathurst :D lol..

ring who ? it was previously registered in NSW though.

Ring the place that does the inspections.

Metropolitan Adelaide

Metropolitan vehicle identity assessment station
7 Naweena Road
Regency Park SA 5010

Phone 8400 8777

Open 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. No appointment needed.

Doesn't mater where it was previously registered. These are the guys that will make or break your day.  It has to go through there.

Coilovers won't work with them, but you may as well ask yourself.

17 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Ring the place that does the inspections.

Metropolitan Adelaide

Metropolitan vehicle identity assessment station
7 Naweena Road
Regency Park SA 5010

Phone 8400 8777

Open 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday. No appointment needed.

Doesn't mater where it was previously registered. These are the guys that will make or break your day.  It has to go through there.

Coilovers won't work with them, but you may as well ask yourself.

Will give them a call. Thanks Mate!.. 

The mechanic said Its cheaper for me to get the coilovers adjusted to legal limit and get an engineer certified. Rather than changing it to stock. I don't mind both. 

• Like 1

if it gets called in for an actual roadworthy inspection after the ID check (which I would expect!), then;

Horn, demisters (front and rear), all lights everywhere - must be working.

Seatbelts must not be frayed.

ECU must be stock.

Numberplates must not me bent, cut or otherwise modified (and this probably won't be an issue on an unreg car!)

Seat foam must not be collapsing and dandruffing the floor.\

>100mm ground clearance everywhere.

Must be above minimum eyebrow height at all 4 corners.

Brake performance will be tested on their brake tester rig.

Steering mods (ie HICAS lock bar) will be looked at. And failed, if present.

Probably more.

14 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

if it gets called in for an actual roadworthy inspection after the ID check (which I would expect!), then;

ECU must be stock.

Numberplates must not me bent, cut or otherwise modified (and this probably won't be an issue on an unreg car!)

Probably more.

U reckon ? 

I will get it close to stock as much as possible. don't want to get defected later on for something minor, being these cars are cop magnets..lol

14 hours ago, Butters said:

1988 cars and some very early 1989 brought in under 15 year old rule before axed did not get compliance plates. Only vin. 

What year is it ?

Yaaa.. thats what I have gathers so far... this is a 1989 car & compliance in PPSR shows 1989 was the year of compliance. 

Been there, done that, as I said elsewhere/before. Engine conversion required full inspection. The blokes who do it are not silly, and they know the tricks, and they know the rules, and they will only be a little bit flexible on some of them.

I've seen dipshits go back 3 times.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Been there, done that, as I said elsewhere/before. Engine conversion required full inspection. The blokes who do it are not silly, and they know the tricks, and they know the rules, and they will only be a little bit flexible on some of them.

I've seen dipshits go back 3 times.

Engine & most stuffs are stock & matches the PPSR :) .. only the Coilover is aftermarket.. 

33 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Did you ring them?

Ya, they were friendly. If I have coilovers I have to get an engineer certificate and get vehicle modification inspection done. I might as well put a stock suspension and get ID Check done. Don't mind leaving the stock in. Any idea where I can get one? 

As the vehicle has been previously registered I may have to get an exemption of compliance or check with the previous state where it was registered and get that info. Not bad 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 9:22 PM, GTSBoy said:

ECU must be stock.

Probably more.

Can confirm. At least here in WA. I just passed the pits on Friday :) 

• Like 2