• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Frozengrip

Rb25 rod power limit ? Replace pistons ?

Hello sau folks , last post was regarding some Hks rods I was interested in purchasing for my rb25. Little did we know a worldwide pandemic was in the works ?. Regardless those are already sold and I must move on. Must’ve been fate.

Anyways I wanted to know what the durability of the stock rb25 rods were and what power they start to go at. It’s not like I’m looking for huge power (350-500hp) but I am looking for great long run reliability. I know the stock pistons are the first to go before rods so I don’t mind getting some forgies. 

I have done some research and read rb26 rods are a great and cheap alternative for added beefiness. So might be on the look for some. 

So should I just pair my stock rods with forged pistons or go the rb26 rod, forged piston route ?

or am I just overthinking it lol.

thank you guys. 

Just prep the stockies if you're not wanting to spend money. If you're happy to spend some money, forged rods are "infinitely" stronger.

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Just prep the stockies if you're not wanting to spend money. If you're happy to spend some money, forged rods are "infinitely" stronger.

I don’t mind spending on some forged rods , but want to know what’s the limit on the stock rods so I could maybe excuse that expense. If they survive my power levels for a good time that’s all I care for. Think I’ll definitely be getting some forged pistons though.

thank you 

There are no set limits.

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

It's 2020, nearly 2021 and people are still wanting to buy HKS parts.

Slave for the jdm points man lol 

4 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

There are no set limits.

This. Even when stock engines fail, I can't recall a single post in the last 10+ years here of

"A rod let go"
"A piston melted"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

This. Even when stock engines fail, I can't recall a single post in the last 10+ years here of

"A rod let go"
"A piston melted"

Well if there is no stock limit on the rods , think I’ll be putting some arp rod bolts , forged pistons and see how they go.

thank you cheers

6 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

"A rod let go"
"A piston melted"

I think that's going to change with Americans now getting into the platform....... 

• Haha 1

A vote here for the maxspeedingrods...rods..rather than spending anything prepping up stock 25 or 26 rods. New engine is running fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1