SAU Community

R34 Headlight harness connector

KillmeImhere

Hello all.

I am in desperate need of a new 3 pin electrical connector for one of my headlights on R34. The plug has been holding on by a thread and wires are in all sorts of bad condition. I need to replace ASAP and have no idea where I can find the plug. Might start trying some wreckers I guess. I'm happy to repin the wiring, just need the plug. Any ideas?

I grabbed the wiring harness diagram from a website and circled the 3 pin plug I'm talking about. I do not really want to go down the path of replacing the whole harness if I don't have to.20201005_123530.thumb.jpg.fc01f6c2b451151793411929c0bb67b0.jpg

20201005_122018.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by KillmeImhere
fix wording

Might be the same as some nissan crank or cam angle sensors perhaps? 
best bet would be to either buy a new one online or from nissan with new terminals or if you need quicker maybe try upullit or pick a part or something like that and rummage through the nissan looms until you find something that might work. 
failing all of the above you could just buy the terminals and reuse the plastic casing if its not too bad

Thanks @Millerman. Yeah looks similar to those plugs. I'll suss it out more. Buying new online seems rather difficult. Seems this plug is part of a whole loom and you cant buy it on its own. Well, not that have found after searching all afternoon. Looking through pages and pages of connectors. I think you are on the money. Best bet will be finding one at a wreckers. Guess I was just hoping that on the off chance someone somewhere happened to have an old harness lying around they don't need which has this plug on it.

12 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Or, failing that..... just buy ANY 3 pin plug/socket combo and redo both sides.

Yes I wish this was an option. Cannot redo both sides. The other side it plugs on to is the headlight itself. Thanks for the suggestion though.

After all that the wrecker was a bit dodgy. Ended up buying a whole harness from a local wrecker. So if anyone else out there runs into trouble and comes across this thread, let me know. When I have what I need from it I will happily cut off and sell any of the remaining good connectors. Just hit me up. Seems the headlight plug is one of the hardest to find. Anything engine related is easy. Body wise is not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, KillmeImhere said:

Hello all.

I am in desperate need of a new 3 pin electrical connector for one of my headlights on R34. The plug has been holding on by a thread and wires are in all sorts of bad condition. I need to replace ASAP and have no idea where I can find the plug. Might start trying some wreckers I guess. I'm happy to repin the wiring, just need the plug. Any ideas?

I grabbed the wiring harness diagram from a website and circled the 3 pin plug I'm talking about. I do not really want to go down the path of replacing the whole harness if I don't have to.20201005_123530.thumb.jpg.fc01f6c2b451151793411929c0bb67b0.jpg

20201005_122018.jpg

Capture.JPG

Bit late to the party, but the genuine pigtail connector is 24028-ag006.