Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Ma_R32-GTR

R32 Projector headlight bulb change from HID to normal issues

Recommended Posts

I removed the HID connector in my R32 & the oen connector is an H4 connector but the projector cover only fits Hc3 or an H1. 
where can I get one of these harness/ adapter as in the picture to

1294654220_WhatsAppImage2020-10-07at9_36_11AM.thumb.jpeg.c9e3f3f8594eb4d0d6529a6d8b525e8f.jpegconvert H1 to H4 (got this pic from one of my mate's car)

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 9.39.30 AM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bit being held in the fingers in the top pic is part of the headlight assembly. Came with the car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The bit being held in the fingers in the top pic is part of the headlight assembly. Came with the car.

Oh okie. Ya that's the bit I need. Know where I can find them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok the R32 projector headlights low beams are H3C on series 1 and H1 in series 2 - both are H3 on high beam. The H1 low beam adaptor is infact a separate part - 26067-52F00. It is discontinued but is in stock from Terrafirma and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R32-GTR-GTST-GTS4-Head-Light-Connector-Assembly-26067-52F00-/123562676564

Problem is that if you have an early series 1 light that has the low beam projector H3C bulb originally, I don't think the H1 adaptor fits or clips in into the original H3C bulb retaining part on the light, even though the H1 bulb does locate. I have both here, I'll have to check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK said:

Ok the R32 projector headlights low beams are H3C on series 1 and H1 in series 2 - both are H3 on high beam. The H1 low beam adaptor is infact a separate part - 26067-52F00. It is discontinued but is in stock from Terrafirma and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R32-GTR-GTST-GTS4-Head-Light-Connector-Assembly-26067-52F00-/123562676564

Problem is that if you have an early series 1 light that has the low beam projector H3C bulb originally, I don't think the H1 adaptor fits or clips in into the original H3C bulb retaining part on the light, even though the H1 bulb does locate. I have both here, I'll have to check.

Thank you for help Mate...mine is a series 1. managed to get around it. Cut off the HID Connection and I will manually wire the H3C. Put it to test, works fine.. And the H3C sits perfectly in the projector. Just need to do the proper wiring.

Now I am working on the speedometer.. It doesnt work.. The dash seems fine.. However the below plastic piece doesn't have a spring at the end to connect to the speedo cable.. The last image with the spring is from Google search. Any Idea where I can find one? 

20201007_180537.jpg

20201007_183128.jpg

20201007_184823.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-184024_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have no H3C plug on your headlight sub harness ? On the projector headlights you need this. Plugged into H4 main loom then splits to the H3 high beam and H3C low beam. Still available, about $40. You can then get rid of the ghetto headlight wiring.

image.png.ca2e429e81217c2f9c38ea3adb257019.png

Speedo, I'll have to look into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, BK said:

Did you have no H3C plug on your headlight sub harness ? On the projector headlights you need this. Plugged into H4 main loom then splits to the H3 high beam and H3C low beam. Still available, about $40. You can then get rid of the ghetto headlight wiring.

image.png.ca2e429e81217c2f9c38ea3adb257019.png

Speedo, I'll have to look into it.

You Sir are a legend.. ?

No it didn't have a harness for H3C. 

This is exactly what I need... Thanks mate.. The high beam hasn't work since I got the car. My e this will fix it... 

Please do. ?

Edited by Ma_R32-GTR
Link to post
Share on other sites

My speedo decided to shit itself like an hour before I was due to take the car for a roadworthy. Lost that spring in the rush and ended up ripping a spring out of a lighter in my panic and just making it work. Only needed it to last an hour or so, but fast forward a few years later and it's still working, so I haven't touched it. bahaha

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, self_slaughter said:

My speedo decided to shit itself like an hour before I was due to take the car for a roadworthy. Lost that spring in the rush and ended up ripping a spring out of a lighter in my panic and just making it work. Only needed it to last an hour or so, but fast forward a few years later and it's still working, so I haven't touched it. bahaha

Ha ha ha.. That I could give a try.. So the spring is the culprit? U got a sample pic of the light u used.. I could try it out.. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would run relay harness and make up your own plugs for the headlight bulbs. You'll get a slight increase in output as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...