SAU Community

jaydm99

Greetings from Canuckland,

I am new to SAU and I have an R34 Sedan - RB25DE NEO (tiptronic/auto).  It has about 144K+ kms and has a rebuild auto tranny with new solenoid a/b parts, new timing belt, tensioner, water pump, and cam seals.

I miss the car meets and cruises due to covid19 and health restrictions for large groups.  stay safe! stay home!  wash your hands.  

• Like 1

I have had her for 2 years now.  I bought of a mechanic who had to move out of province and did not want to deal with any 'out of province' potential issues (i.e. - new brakes/rotors, etc.).  Its a daily driver.  A few nicks on the hood, doors from rock chips.  I gave it a 2-step Meguiar's polish and wax at the beginning of summer 2020.  The trunk lid (boot) needs to be refinished eventually. I need to fix my hazard and turn signal lights ASAP!  They do not work at the moment.  I have heard the engines tops out at 180km/hr.  

All stock except the yellow sport brake pads (new rotors), tanabe sustec pro coilovers and Zeit wheels; 18x9, 18x9.5 on Extreme Contact Continental DWS.  

IMG_5551.jpg

Edited by jaydm99
admin requested more info. i'm a N00b.

19 hours ago, PranK said:

It will be electronically limited to 180 but you can get devices that remove that limit.

What are 'out of province' issues? I dont know what that means.

It looks nice and clean! 

The mechanic was moving out of British Columbia and into Alberta, Canada.  

https://www.alberta.ca/out-of-province-vehicle-inspections.aspx

Basically, to check for basic safety or any mechanical concerns or issues before someone gets their vehicle insured in Alberta.  I think he had only a few weeks to move to a new city and no time to do any upgrades or back to o.e.m. prior to moving out of British Columbia.

I have seen the one product by HKS - speed de-limiter.  I think i'll wait until I get a turbo setup, one day. eventually. For now, the stock rb25de neo runs quite well.  All except the hazard/turn signal light issue(s).  The search continues to resolve the no working light issue. 

Thanks!  I have always wanted an R34 and I was quite pleased to be able to buy this and in a 4-door.  Good space for our two small (papillon) dogs or the groceries. lol 

29380794098_bd3a8a502a_o.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaymoR32 said:

no need to buy a speed de-limiter, this can be mapped out by any capable tuner.

I think I read somewhere you can take out pin #51 and it may throw a warning light. But, it may help with a diy de-limiter function. 

5 hours ago, luke gtr said:

welcome!

decent looking ride.

any plans for future upgrades?

or leave stock and enjoy?

Thanks!  I'm from Canada, Vancouver Island, BC.  

I have been trying to resolve my hazard and turn signal issue(s).  I think it may be the relay (near the kick panel on the drivers side) or perhaps a connection near the battery that needs to be cleaned out.  

It had the transmission rebuild last November and she runs just fine.  It does idle a bit high and I adjusted the idle screw and perhaps I need to take the IACV off and use some cleaner on it.  

One upgrade would be to find a manual transmission (cd009) and possibly a turbo set up.  Vancouver Island has its limitations for any cruisin'/drifting and the local police forces are cracking down on any car meets and towing vehicles.  So, horsepower is not a huge deal for me right now.  Driving on the Island Highway is still a lot of fun with a stock motor.  :) 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, luke gtr said:

Sounds good.

Close to standard and just cruising they are pretty reliable and fun anyway.

I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment.

Thanks, Luke!

The car performs very well and is a lot of fun goin' for a cruise!