SAU Community

Anyone know an easy way to put these back in?

As usual, Einstein (me) didn't think ahead when he took these window felts out to see if he could improve them (See pics). 

They were easy enough to remove, one screw and they dropped to the bottom of the door. 

Putting them back in however is a lesson in frustration. The gap at the top is way too narrow to allow me to simply place them back in position and re-fasten. 

Is there a hack to this or do i need to remove another part ie window glass in order to re-install them. 

Any help is appreciated. 

20201002_141707.jpg

20201002_141702.jpg

20201002_141655.jpg

Yeah, I think if it's not just glass out, then it is quite possibly glass out + mechanism out, to give you the required access to the spot you need to poke the bolt and swing the spanner. I'd suggest you got (un)lucky being able to do what you did to it as it was. Lucky that you could get the spanner onto it. Unlucky because you probably can't put it back together!

I've removed mine before and put them back in without to much hassle, can't remember exactly how.

Definitely dont need to pull it apart, silly question is the window down when trying to put them back in? Maybe tie fishing line to it and pull it up from the bottom?