SAU Community

Missing Remote Turn On Wire On Head Unit Loom

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of installing a headunit on my 08 350GT and I have unable to find the remote turn on wire to connect from my Pioneer loom. Unfortunately I am unable to use harness adapter as  the previous owner butchered the factory loom.

Does anyone know what colour the wire should be? Or if it's easy to replicate the remote turn on signal?

Thanks

You can never have too high a current. It's high voltage you need to worry about.

Put it to you this way:
Think of voltage as the push and current as the content that's being pushed. Now, to analogise it, if you imagine the water (current) in a garden hose, put it to your mouth and turn on the tap only slightly to manage the pressure (voltage), you can drink comfortably, consuming only what you need. If you turn up the pressure from your tap (higher voltage), the amount of water (current) is still in the same abundance but you drown because you're being forced to drink more than you need.

So basically, as long as the voltage is appropriate, you can have a 100A current supply on that and your end device will still only take the 0.1A (for example) that it needs.