SAU Community

Power steering line leak

dyl33

Hello,

Looking under my car today and noticed a weeping power steering line at this join, not exactly sure how they go together.

Has anyone else dealt with this before, how easily can you replace them?

20201018_171923.thumb.jpg.ad53d65be9e2b37a09fa554597bac7f7.jpg

Resized_20201018_144658.jpeg.1aee5ad8cf94741f5a7cafba11aa0254.jpeg

20201018_182546.jpg.f16971ef4e3d0ad2c7e3e7ff54356273.jpg

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you.

Under that clamp/bracket the hose is swaged/crimped onto the fitting. Take the bracket off, spray it all with degreaser and rub it clean. Then drive it around for a bit and have a good close look for where the wet starts.

If it is bleeding out of the crimp, it's pretty will f**ked. You can't fix them. It might have a crack in the hard pipe. This can be welded. Not in-situ though.

• Like 1

Ok thanks gtsboy, so I'd have to replace the whole line which doesn't look like a fun job.

I'll have to investigate it further, you reckon buying a oem line $$$ if they still make them would be easier then trying to get a local hydraulic to replicate it?

Pretty sure its not the crimp connection on the pressure line leaking, but the line above out of the reservoir between the hose and hard line. But for anyone interested the high pressure line from the pump to the rack is around $260. Ex japan, and the reservoir hose is around $50.