SAU Community

Rb30e+t

26det32

So i just bought 2 vl commodores both with 30e’s in them basically without rambling on for 10 years wanting to plus t one what internals need to be changed and what turbo should I use would ideally want around 300hp. Cheers.

Edited by 26det32

300HP at the wheels? No need to change any internals and the turbo can be quite small. That's basically not much larger than a stock RB25 turbo and not a lot of boost required. You could do it with a highflowed 25 turbo and not much more than a bar, if it would even require that much. Or you could look at a GTX-3071 or similar.

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

300HP at the wheels? No need to change any internals and the turbo can be quite small. That's basically not much larger than a stock RB25 turbo and not a lot of boost required. You could do it with a highflowed 25 turbo and not much more than a bar, if it would even require that much. Or you could look at a GTX-3071 or similar.

Perfect! I’ll have a look into it. Even close to 400hp if I don’t need to change basically it’s limit without having to do to much. I’ve just had a look at some threads in Australia and most people have quite a lot of trouble when they plus t their 30e’s most of the videos of watched are just chinas finest. But that’ll point me in the right direction cheers. 

You'd want to sort out the cooling system problem first.

Then, you can procure all the VLT bits and have it tuned (with Nistune). Or you can go all out with new RB30ET manifold and high mount GT35-ish turbo.

This has been well documented, on another site relating to R31s