Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


silviaz

Car doesn't accelerate when foot is down then suddenly takes off

Recommended Posts

This has been happening for a couple months on my Subaru, drives  great no issues and done quite a bit of servicing recently on the fluids and filters, but when driving sometimes I put my foot down nothing happens and even if I put it down almost all the way, but then it suddenly takes off. What does this sound like? I always fill up with 98, everyday at high speeds so I don't think it would be something like a clogged injector. Maybe a fuel pump failing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

What is the exact model of this mysterious Subaru.

Mysterious lol? 2001 impreza. Maybe throttle body needs a clean? The car is driven well I don't floor it or do any stupid shit. I wonder if it was that time I messed with the throttle position sensor, but I did put it back to normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, AlexAuba said:

it might also be an issue with the gearbox

It's an automatic, and it does shift smooth but every day after work it does shift a bit funny on this road I always drive on (just a normal straight road. I might be ovethinking it), when I changed the transmission fluid, the filter barely had any debree inside it like a couple of specs lol, it was also red the fluid so didn't look contaminated. My mechanic was surprised when he opened it, there was no discolouration. 

Edited by silviaz
Link to post
Share on other sites

i have an sti these things are full of problems...clean or replace maf, clean crank angle sensor, make sure your plugs and wires are new. replace your 02. make sure you have a strong battery connection, ive seen bad connection cause all kinds of misfiring or  weird issues with these cars.  you should know by now to post a what year, make, model, etc to get better help. i personally cant stand the subaru forums bunch of kids and wierd mates on them so i figure crap out myself, but go through some pages on the butt buddy subaru forums sure you will find some info to get the old girl some help mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

i have an sti these things are full of problems...clean or replace maf, clean crank angle sensor, make sure your plugs and wires are new. replace your 02. make sure you have a strong battery connection, ive seen bad connection cause all kinds of misfiring or  weird issues with these cars.  you should know by now to post a what year, make, model, etc to get better help. i personally cant stand the subaru forums bunch of kids and wierd mates on them so i figure crap out myself, but go through some pages on the butt buddy subaru forums sure you will find some info to get the old girl some help mate.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. 02 could use a replacement lol the light does pop up frequently lol, wires and spark plugs changed not too long ago, I'll see what I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you replace the o2 sensor, replace your fuel filter, then check your fuel pump output and pressure. Check ALL vehicle ground wires. Cleaning all the ground connections won't hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Before you replace the o2 sensor, replace your fuel filter, then check your fuel pump output and pressure. Check ALL vehicle ground wires. Cleaning all the ground connections won't hurt.

My fuel filter was replaced 10,000km ago i think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, Rusty Nuts said:

What is the exact model of this mysterious Subaru.

i took it to my mechanic i need a new knock sensor, there was a code for a throttle position sensor but apprently its old. Suprisingly nothing for an exygen sensor. I wanted to ask do you think its a bad idea to buy a 20$ one from ebay as opposed to a 95$ from a retailer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, silviaz said:

do you think its a bad idea to buy a 20$ one from ebay as opposed to a 95$ from a retailer?

I don't recommend ebay LingLong brand anything, when the genuine stuff is outrageous price, I buy from Burson or Repco or any other place that will refund my money. Also if the part f**ks up you can jump up and down and shout at the human who sold it to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rusty Nuts said:

I don't recommend ebay LingLong brand anything, when the genuine stuff is outrageous price, I buy from Burson or Repco or any other place that will refund my money. Also if the part f**ks up you can jump up and down and shout at the human who sold it to you.

Repco is a rip off 200$ is oem apprently. I'll get one from a wrecker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, silviaz said:

Repco is a rip off 200$

So how much was it from : any other place that will refund my money. Looking up one price on the internet is not shopping around for the best price bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, silviaz said:

i saw 20$ ebay ones have a 5 year warranty.

Found one of these in a BMW once, it was so badly calibrated it didn't do the job, but not out of ecu range so didnt throw code.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...