SAU Community

Dark mode could do with some love

While I love having a dark mode, it seems really inconsistent, making some areas extremely hard to read or just look off.

It seems to be mainly ok when browsing the forums, but when viewing an actual thread things take a bit of a turn.

Example 1: Creating the title for this thread, The text is invisible unless you select it.

image.png.0a046577fbfd81bb6556c18f8ee12f7b.png

Example 2: The user menu at the top is incredibly hard to read on the edge of my crappy TN panel. Might be easier with a monitor that doesn't colour shift so easily. :P

image.png.042ce8158fdc405628081654f329a28f.png

Example 3a: Inconsistencies between viewing an actual thread and browsing the list of threads.

Browsing the list of threads: (looks ok, bar maybe the mark read / sort by buttons)

image.png.4534e47dee01a2f13258cc2264ac45a5.png

Looking at an actual thread: (grey title background turns black, buttons turn black, page selector turns black becoming virtually unreadable)

image.png.dd61b642da69c8411d0c6182bb69ec8e.png

Example 3b: The ads at the bottom of the page display fine while browsing the forums, but turn into big white odd sized boxes while viewing an actual thread.

Browsing the list of threads: (looks fine)

image.png.d4e777fdf1e3dd1e672fc1c064c63cc7.png

Looking at an actual thread: (looking not so fine)
image.png.cb9daa6bc125bcd05782c9f8ddf757dd.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Heezy_32 said:

Is dark mode a feature on SAU or did you download a 3rd party extension? I downloaded a dark mode extension and it works on every site but SAU. Only a few areas are dark.

disregard i figured it out lol

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay here. I have installed a new dark theme which is based off the default theme. It's very similar to the old dark theme but I have no time to fix the old one. Just change to the new one in the footer and let me know what you think.

• Thanks 1