SAU Community

Pulsar Turbo Systems

khezz

Does anyone here use any of their products or know of anyone who does?

There are a few quick reviews on other forums and a few videos on YouTube. So far every comment is positive. All the reviews say they are well machined, balanced on both ends, well assembled turbos. Yet they are less then a 3rd of the price of a precision or a Garrett.

Would be great to hear some first hand experience.

Thank you

7.jpg

No argument there but does that make them a bad product?

I also own an FG F6 and barra owners can't get enough of them. So much so the the website has a seperate XR6 section. If they were rubbish, surely there would be some bad reviews.

47 minutes ago, khezz said:

No argument there but does that make them a bad product?

I also own an FG F6 and barra owners can't get enough of them. So much so the the website has a seperate XR6 section. If they were rubbish, surely there would be some bad reviews.

Yes 100% cos those sleazy kunce rip off big companies designs who actually put R&D into their products. (Which no doubt is what adds to their cost) then slap these things together and undercut them with their products.

Fark China we need to boycott them and their sleazy products. Give them a taste of their own medicine!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khezz said:

Slightly off topic but ok.

Its very on topic man Its a blatant SXE rip off. Which aren't expensive anyways? Why not buy the real deal for peace of mind instead of something that's potentially gunna take your donk out with it? I really don't know how they get away with it?

Who are these people who have reviewed them and what are they comparing them to? Have they driven something decent before or are their minds blown cos they "made more power" 

Be a good little saver a bit longer and buy an Australian or U.S product. Why not support the people that support you?

Forget the Yum cha turbo and the grubs who are about to kick off WW3 & who have almost single handedly f**ked the global economy..

This goes out to all you Ebay racers!

• Like 1

When you build a TURBO car literally the most important part is THE TURBO... Man that hurts my brain... Buy a cheap shit turbo then it dies or performs shit then what? You're up for a new turbo, The install costs AGAIN, Potentially new lines and fab work AGAIN, another tune, if its flex fuel there's $300 in E85 & 98. Plus your time driving there and back and rooting around organising a lift etc. Its DUMB! 

17 hours ago, Mick_o said:

When you build a TURBO car literally the most important part is THE TURBO...

lol...no, the turbo is an afterthought, an ancillary. The turbo is not a critical component - the oil pump is, the crank pistons rods etc, all are, as the car won't run without them. The turbo - well, good and top quality is nice, but not the only choice available, and not the right choice for alot of people. OP asked about experience with one particular brand of turbo, not more rants about how S^h&t chinese products are and how no-one should ever use them, ever. I've heard so many of those it's ludicrous, and no my chinese rods weren't made of cheese and destroyed my new engine and took out a whole New York City block in the process...or similar such doomsday predictions given about 'using cheap chinese shit in your car". 

OP I was looking at a Pulsar GTX3076 gen 2 some time back - didn't find any bad stories but found alot of happy users and good feedback. Didn't end up getting it as decided to go genuine Garrett instead, as I don't believe the pulsar will be made to the same degree of quality and to the same engineering level/able to achieve the same result as the genuine product, although may come reasonably close...and that's my choice, budget vs desired result, and plenty of argument for others to choose differently.

I do agree its a pity someone (be it individual, anyone remember Aussie Exhausts?, or any large company) puts in R&D, makes a product, only to have it copied and sold cheaper, but that's across all products, from knockoff handbags to turbos, and is hardly a new thing. And on the flip side, some of the prices charged by companies for their products 'just for the name' despite the lack of justifiable value in the actual product? - knockoffs aren't necessarily a bad thing, to keep prices reasonable across the playing field.

4 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

lol...no, the turbo is an afterthought, an ancillary. The turbo is not a critical component - the oil pump is, the crank pistons rods etc, all are, as the car won't run without them. The turbo - well, good and top quality is nice, but not the only choice available, and not the right choice for alot of people. OP asked about experience with one particular brand of turbo, not more rants about how S^h&t chinese products are and how no-one should ever use them, ever. I've heard so many of those it's ludicrous, and no my chinese rods weren't made of cheese and destroyed my new engine and took out a whole New York City block in the process...or similar such doomsday predictions given about 'using cheap chinese shit in your car". 

OP I was looking at a Pulsar GTX3076 gen 2 some time back - didn't find any bad stories but found alot of happy users and good feedback. Didn't end up getting it as decided to go genuine Garrett instead, as I don't believe the pulsar will be made to the same degree of quality and to the same engineering level/able to achieve the same result as the genuine product, although may come reasonably close...and that's my choice, budget vs desired result, and plenty of argument for others to choose differently.

I do agree its a pity someone (be it individual, anyone remember Aussie Exhausts?, or any large company) puts in R&D, makes a product, only to have it copied and sold cheaper, but that's across all products, from knockoff handbags to turbos, and is hardly a new thing. And on the flip side, some of the prices charged by companies for their products 'just for the name' despite the lack of justifiable value in the actual product? - knockoffs aren't necessarily a bad thing, to keep prices reasonable across the playing field.

You had to take it too literally didn't ya? 🤦‍♂️

The turbo is 100% a critical part as it determines the powerband of your engine, the drivability of the car, but its also a critical part that determines the engines reliability/longevity. 

If turbos are an afterthought does that mean if you build your motor  you can just bolt on 1300hp turbo onto the side of it? None of the other internal components need to be a little different? 

Pretty dumb huh? 🤔

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Super Drager said:

Old thread, But i run a Pulsar GTX3584RS GenII. Great quality and works just fine. 

Sssshhhhh...people don't like hearing good experiences about hee-chang dimsim Ip Man buk-choy (insert other redneck adjectives) products, they prefer to operate off their own opinions based on ...well, their opinions.

But firsthand relevant experience is relevant, good to know 👍

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hardsteppa said:

Sssshhhhh...people don't like hearing good experiences about hee-chang dimsim Ip Man buk-choy (insert other redneck adjectives) products, they prefer to operate off their own opinions based on ...well, their opinions.

Shoosh you. You should know that my rant in that MaxMDMArods thread was about all the f**karound he had to do making his wunhunglo turbo work, claiming that it was cost effective. Having to rip it off again to port the wastegate and all the other shit does not a good experience sound. I didn't respond to your raised hackles in that thread because I couldn't raise the energy at that time. I can bare;y raise it now!

lol chill dude, i thought we were all good 😛 ...nothing wrong with a difference of opinion on some points. That one wasn't about you, there's loads of people on here and other forums that put that sort of shite out there. And at the end of the day, or even around lunchtime, people can have their own opinions, and will no doubt have bad experiences with china gear, same as every other country of manufacture.

4 hours ago, Super Drager said:

Old thread, But i run a Pulsar GTX3584RS GenII. Great quality and works just fine. 

Works just fine compared to what exactly? The more expensive equivalent? 
people can have differing opinions on what they believe is acceptable 

would be interesting to see direct back to back testing between this and its name brand equivalent 

40 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

Works just fine compared to what exactly? The more expensive equivalent? 
people can have differing opinions on what they believe is acceptable 

would be interesting to see direct back to back testing between this and its name brand equivalent 

Lol mate ive had it apart and the specs match the real thing. If you don't want one then don't buy one, i'm giving first hand experience since i own one. 

only thing is, in compressor and turbine design it's the minute differences that make the difference. Maybe only the final 10% or so, but that's the difference. I'm not knocking it, and paying 40% for something that achieves 90% of the result of the same is a win, but i think that's where the difference lies. And why you'd pay the extra for the genuine, if trying to achieve the 100% result.