SAU Community

VR38 R34 GTT

Hi guys, newish to the site but always had skylines or a 200sx kicking about. im from the uk and this site seems to be alot busier than the ones we have over here so thought id jump on and share my build. Ive had an auto r34 2 door for a year or so now but havent really done anything with it as my job was a bit uncertain and i ended up walking out 9 months ago. Jump to about 3 months ago though and they called me back and offered me a payrise and a company van so all is well again.

So with that it was time to get some speed back in my life, and i debated on getting an r35 but i just dont fancy the repair costs when they break etc (and i will break it) so ive opted for the best of both worlds and im going for a vr38 swap in my r34. Ive picked up a vr38 and sold my rb25 neo already so hopefully it wont be long and then the car is off to martin at MBautomotive for the engine to be fitted with some other tasty goodies. He has built 2 vr38 s15s in the uk, one being his own back in 2012 ish and anouther a few years ago for a customer of his.

Here is how it sits atm, only a few pics i have unfortunatly. i am on the lookout for a fibreglass bonnet like the one i have, i just dont want to cut up a carbon one for the engine to fit. Also the big gay wing has gone (wasnt big enough to be a BGW lol)

Edited by seanyreeves

So just spent another loads of dosh on r35 brakes, probably should of just bought an r35 lol. Got a great deal on these and ive just ordered the supertec racing fitting kit. was looking into the hypertune kit but this was uk made and ready to go in stock. These will be fitted after martin has done the engine swap as if i fit them now i have no way to make sure theyre working preoperly before he starts mapping/ road testing the car.

brembos.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought some te37sl to go over the new brakes, it is a tight fit though with 18s lol. The fronts will need a 6mm hubcentric spacer to actually get them to fit which is fine as i needed spigot rings anyway and there are slip on spacers to match the nissan centre bore and the te37 wheel bore size.

brakes.jpg

brakes 2.jpg

wheels 2.jpg

wheels.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i picked up a 370z gearbag yesterday from nippon auto parts in derby. as you can see next to the r35 bell housing it is almost exactly the same. There is some minor alterations that martin will do to make it bolt right on and then use a custom flywheel and clutch combo.

gearbox1.jpg

gearbox2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...