SAU Community

Xtrem double ceramic disk clutch misalignment

As above. The only alignment that matters is the friction plates input shaft spline section, so that you can actually get the gearbox input shaft to go straight in. That's what they'll mean by aligning the plates in you manual.

thanks for your reply

Hmmm the manual is referring to the aligment pads ...

they said it's not critical but isn't it optimal I guess ? because the efforts will not be on the full friction pads but on only 80% of them...

I was going to use this clutch on my next upgrade (1000bhp with sequential gearbox ) I'm afraid that I will not get the same performance/durability if I was using aligned disks 

what do you think ?

PS : I dont have any experience in such area so sorry for doubting ...

16059496498651279721298804972262.jpg

Still doesn't matter. The friction plates don't touch each other. It is odd their instructions are like that, but as you can see it isn't possible to align like that, and like have said it doesn't matter. Can't matter.

Thanks for your reply, 

well there aren't aligned due to fabrication mistake I guess because that's basically the same disks 

yes I know the pads aren't directly in contact.

as you can see in the drawing the effort is not fully transmit (reduced to area between the red arrow) and I expect the metal plate to bend between the blue arrows 

or am I wrong somewhere ?

16059536185638153132558474864591.jpg

Edited by bigboss59400