SAU Community

HKS step 1 cams

As I'm taking my mostly stock, new to me R32 GTR through the paces of replacing old wear parts and getting supporting mods in, I'm looking at what parts can be replaced for it to sit in a relatively conservative 450whp range but still maximize response and reliability

One of the things I was looking at was new cams, since mine are completely stock. I know doing valves and other things would be better but for a cheaper short term option until I could go with a full vcam setup, how would a set of HKS step 1 drop in cams be? and of 256/64/72 what do you guys run and recommend

6 hours ago, NZ-GTT said:

If you are set on going with a Vcam then choose the cams that match the step you want so that you won't have to buy another exhaust cam,

The more I look into it the more it seems I can't even get most of the vcam step 1 parts for later on without buying the whole kit, so I'll probably just have to do it all at once anyways rather than piecing it a little at a time

More reason to keep the money going to more reasonable things for the time being I suppose