SAU Community

09 370gt Dyno results (CBE + Intake + EcuTeK)

Quite high. i never see many DE's get over 185rwkw after a tune, good grats on the high base run.
a 20-25kw gain is quite normal. my v36 went from 196rwkw to 218 rwkw with the exact same mods. 

hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

That's a nice jump in power. That torque increase looks really good to.

The V36 has a really restrictive exhaust.

If you wanted more High Flow Cats would make a another good bump in power. but you start getting an exhaust with a really loud harsh note to it (IMO)

18 hours ago, DashyyPC said:

Quite high. i never see many DE's get over 185rwkw after a tune, good grats on the high base run.
a 20-25kw gain is quite normal. my v36 went from 196rwkw to 218 rwkw with the exact same mods. 

hope you enjoy it.

I Feel like i should edit this, i checked your profile and thought you had a 350gt.

Interestingly low numbers.. (id assume its just a sad dyno though) because every v36 we've had on the dyno up here (multiple different dyno's) all base line around 190-195rwkw, after a tune is 215-235kw depending on mods.

Regardless of this, thats still a 32kw gain which is great.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:49 PM, DashyyPC said:

I Feel like i should edit this, i checked your profile and thought you had a 350gt.

Interestingly low numbers.. (id assume its just a sad dyno though) because every v36 we've had on the dyno up here (multiple different dyno's) all base line around 190-195rwkw, after a tune is 215-235kw depending on mods.

Regardless of this, thats still a 32kw gain which is great.

yea i thought it was a bit low on the first run too, but im just focusing on that gain tbh 

what else could be the reason for less base line kw? 

Edited by YouTRIPPIN?

You're seeing about the same power as my vehicle. I know Jim from long ago when we both attended a MoTeC training seminar back in 2004. The guy knows his stuff.

On my instruction, so no fault of his own, he got a little too aggressive with my tune the first time around and while it was a massively more responsive result, there was a bit too much pinging on hill starts for my liking (BP Ultimate 98) so I had him dial it out at the expense of losing that power off the line. It's actually more pleasant now off the line, as the pedal isn't as sensitive, so I'm not seemingly being a hoon at every set of lights.

As noted in my own thread about dyno tuning this model, I don't feel that there's much to be gained in terms of power. Purely in my humble butt-dyno opinion. That's probably partly because it is JDM and already tuned for the supposedly better fuels that the Japanese sell their consumers. What I feel I really gained from the tune is better throttle response and the lack of a speed limiter. :P

Is it worth the money? Honestly, I maintain my view that it isn't. I could've just stuck with the UpRev Osiris kit that I bought and remove the speed limiter for less. Your real gains will come from what the other guys have suggested here - pipes, etc. Maybe DashyyPC knows a little more about these vehicles and can extract that much more out of them for better value but I'm pretty happy to leave mine where it is now. 

You would definitely want HFC to go with the rest of your breather mods. Headers - I would not bother unless you have cash to burn as the price for these are so expensive and it's not worth the coin for the gains (IMO).