SAU Community

Bluetooth Issue - My-Car not appearing - 2007 V36

Hi guys, trying to suss out the Bluetooth in my car but it seems something is wrong with it.

when I go to pair my phone, my-car does not appear on the pairing screen or my phone. You can see what I mean in the images attached it says “*”, when it should be saying “my-car”.

Any help appreciated

C92064AA-0DFC-4526-AC7D-0BE7F6C78581.jpeg

B4AA2943-8CF1-41E2-9559-C7B075FC4D36.jpeg

I had no idea our vehicles had a "root" button. To think all this time I was paying for it!

Anyway, on a serious note, it seems that the Bluetooth ID of your vehicle has been overwritten by the previous owner (or yourself when sifting through the various settings). You can change that name again though I'm struggling to remember which submenu option it was in the Bluetooth menu. I'll get back to you on that.

10 hours ago, nickcorr said:

Yes pretty much you are looking for * in the bluetooth pairing on your phone..

I have also attached the instructions for the V36 audio that I think you were looking for.

v36-translation2.pdf 3.76 MB · 1 download

Ahh okay, so must be a different problem then as I’m not seeing * pop up on my phones Bluetooth. Could it be because I’m using iPhone X? I seen somewhere that later model phones don’t pair with skylines system.

I suspect the asterisk for the Bluetooth name is an illegal character for Apple perhaps. I still haven't had the chance to go through the menus and determine where you can change the name back to my-car or whatever else you want to call it but that would be the first place I'd look for troubleshooting.

• Thanks 1

On 02/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, eastsideroy said:

Ahh okay, so must be a different problem then as I’m not seeing * pop up on my phones Bluetooth. Could it be because I’m using iPhone X? I seen somewhere that later model phones don’t pair with skylines system.

I had an iPX and it was connecting fine for me. I'll try tonight with my iP12 and see if it still works. I gave up with BT audio since it sounded so eh.

• Thanks 1