SAU Community

Harmonic Balancer/Crank Pulley Recommendation

SGT Grumbles

I'm starting to gather parts to do timing belt/water pump/general maintenance work on my GTR this winter while it's stored before starting in on power mods later next year. One thing I plan to upgrade/replace while I'm in there is the harmonic balancer. Currently trying to decide between an ATI 750 street (overkill for power rating) and the Fluidampr. They are both about the same price so just trying to see if there is a general preference for one over the other in the RB community. Couldn't seem to find any discussion comparing them on RBs.

Car is currently stock power but planning to turn it up a bit in the next year once all the general repairs/maintenance is done. I don't expect to ever go past about 450whp, but not shooting for anything specific; just what feels right for cruising/autoX/occasional casual track days. This just seemed like a good thing to upgrade while I was doing the timing belt.

Most builds here either use the ATI (US made) or Ross (AU made) damper, at your power level, their base models have improved over the years and are rated to around 750hp while keeping all other OEM pulleys in standard positions.  Being in the US, the ATI damper would make more sense as they can be easily rebuilt locally with local parts.  We have the same advantage with Ross balancers here.

• Like 1