SAU Community

R33 gtr/gtst rear light up garnish

Price: $250 may be negotiable

Can post within aus..

Sorry for all the info , many on here know how these are made..

Nissan skyline r33 gtr/gtst/gts rear boot garnish light. ..very rare and you can not buy there anywhere only if someome makes one... This is in color..sonic silver.. Color on a r33 series 2 gtst 96 and up and also on any model r33 gtr...  it does blend ok against the spark silver which is the silver on a r33 95 model and down. This was made by me and a painter..  Was a clear r33 garnish..then letter where covered with letter tape then primered painted sonic silver left to dy then the tape removed from letters and any remaining small paint scratched of with a blade so the letters all light up 3d even the side's of the letters ( where Nissans factory options did not stick out 3d..this was all done professionally and 2pac paint..then it eas clear coasted to seal it all in... this took many hours ams alot of detail... The back was cut out neat aa per pic and a el board cut and installed to give even lighting acorss tgr letters so no dark spots..it has a inverter installer tge black box for 12v....once el board was in it has been sealed with a foam rubber soft material to seal it in amd no water also blacked taped so nice amd safe.. All you need to do is unbolt your old one connect thr negative wire to the negative on the tail light and positive to tail light so will turn on aa soon as you turn your lights on.. It is in.red el as red is legal ..i did have this light blue ans looked great though may not be legal any other color then red om the rear...i can change this board ti blue if needed though will have to charge $60 to do this. As pic there is a small bit of paint chiped of though lucky its no where near letters and is close to the top..so can have this blended and would cost no more then $70 to do. Only selling this due to no longer have a r33

IMG_20201211_105132.jpg

IMG_20201211_105156.jpg

IMG_20201211_105350.jpg

IMG_20201211_105325.jpg

IMG_20201211_105305.jpg

IMG_20201211_105219.jpg

IMG_20201211_105413.jpg

IMG_20201211_105517.jpg

IMG_20201211_105517.jpg

IMG_20201211_105539.jpg

IMG_20201211_105059.jpg

• Like 1

• niZmO_Man changed the title to R33 gtr/gtst rear light up garnish

Hey thanks so much.. so appretiate the comment. 

Years ago I always wanted one to just complete my car..so i had to make it...it was hard tho mainly hard is the letters to get perfect with small letter tape..  I didn't take any pics while I did it:( though I recallit all 🤯🤯 hehe..     I could pop one up for the forum..it's helped me alot over the years...I swear I followed a diy in that section ?..maby it was a post by someone 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I think the pic in the first post is another car, and post 7 is OP's car with standard arms and swaybar swaybar swaybar. I can't tell what brand the silver coilovers are, and even if I could I don't know whether the spring rate is OK, if you can find a brand on the shocks and numbers on the springs that might help. Also, if you can measure the ride height from centre of your wheel to the guard that will help with advice too as handling suffers if ride height is too low
    • sadly, pics no work. that car must have spent a lot of time in a cryo bubble
    • In the first photo you posted, the colour of the control arms are the signature colour for Ikeya. Same for the swaybar, signature colour for Whiteline.  I like Hardrace, they also do hardened rubber bushes if your car is mainly a street car.  I like GKTech as well, but they use a lot of rose joints in their stuff so might not be the best choice for everyone.  The system might have been good back in its day, but it's a prehistoric system now. I suspect that most people have removed the HICAS as they want the car to do what they want to do, not what the car wants to do. From what I also understand, it isn't consistent in it's behaviour on track so it's hard to trust the car/know where its absolute limits are for track use.  Having said that, I think the HICAS eliminator kit was the first thing I installed when I bought my car. I don't personally have any experience with the HICAS system on a race track.  
    • Thanks for the info. Didn’t know I had aftermarket control arms already? Will talk to my garage. What brand would u recommend if I want to play around with my camber more? I would think my camber is around stock level right now or more negative now due to lowering with coilovers. I will be lower her again 1.5 cm to get some more.    also why does everyone like to remove the hicas system? Is it because most don’t work properly anymore or ppl just don’t like them. Mine is functioning as it should be right now.    thanks for the good info 
    • It looks like you've got Ikeya control arms and an aftermarket sway bar, maybe whiteline?  Or am I just going crazy? lol Unfortunately it won't, but what it will do is look really pretty. That's about all unfortunately.  How much neg camber do you currently have? Generally lowing the car dials in quite a bit of neg camber as it is. If you do go down this path, your best bet is get adjustable arms, toe arms (or preferably a good HICAS elimination kit) and traction rods. With all 3 being adjustable, you'll be able to dial out any bump steer that is introduced by playing with the camber settings.