SAU Community

99 stagea A/T light flash and lack of power

Chevzuki

I have a 99 stagea, RB25DET neo with the auto obviously.  I went to go for a drive earlier and when I started the car the A/T light flashed at me which I've never seen lite up before.  It stopped flashing and everything seemed fine until I went to drive away.  There is a lack of power, like a lot, almost feels like it's in snow mode which it's not.  From what I've been ready there is fault codes which is the light flashing.  I've been looking everywhere to find out what codes mean what.  Someone else was telling me that there is a jumper wire also to make it flash the codes as well.  Any help at this moment would be great.  The closest JDM shop to me is about 2000km away.

1 hour ago, Chevzuki said:

I have a 99 stagea, RB25DET neo with the auto obviously.  I went to go for a drive earlier and when I started the car the A/T light flashed at me which I've never seen lite up before.  It stopped flashing and everything seemed fine until I went to drive away.  There is a lack of power, like a lot, almost feels like it's in snow mode which it's not.  From what I've been ready there is fault codes which is the light flashing.  I've been looking everywhere to find out what codes mean what.  Someone else was telling me that there is a jumper wire also to make it flash the codes as well.  Any help at this moment would be great.  The closest JDM shop to me is about 2000km away.

You could get Nissan Data Scan lite version on an android or apple phone, read the fault code via bluetooth reader. Also ask your questions here https://www.facebook.com/groups/17462900896

I finally figured out how to get it into diagnostics mode.  I've been trying to get a PLMS cable, waiting for a response from a seller for one.  Anyways I got the codes, but not sure how to read the code.  Is it the number of short flashes before the long flash is the code or is it the long flash that is the code.  Here's a link to a video I just posted. Apparently once you get the codes out it erases the codes.  I started it back up and I was able to light the tires up again.  For now that is until it happens again.