SAU Community

R34 Climate Control Module Problems

meadows1568

Hey I'm looking for help with my climate control module. when I bought the car the clock was cycling through minutes like they were seconds and had thought that maybe the buttons that change the time were stuck pushed down. I never found a way to fix it and now the hours are doing the same thing, just constantly changing. However when this problem started the controls stopped working. I can press mode and change the direction of where the airflow will come out of, but I cant actually turn my air con on. I opened it up and everything visually looks ok on the board (nothing burnt out) and I don't know of any other ways to fix it. Id preferably not have to buy a new one but if there is no fix I guess ill have to. 

Any advice is welcome

• Like 2

It is a reasonable guess that there is a problem with one or more buttons. If one is stuck on or shorted in some way, it could prevent the other buttons from being registered. I'd be taking the buttons apart and looking for dirt/scorching/etc in the contact pads.

• 7 months later...

Bump

I’m experiencing the same issue in my GTT. I don’t think any of the buttons are stuck and when this problem first started I was driving during one of the heaviest storms I’ve been in and when I turned on my A/C to defog the windows it happened (first controls and clock not working, then after restarting the car only the clock). 
I suspect some water got into something it shouldn’t have /fried something ?

The rest of the A/C controls are fine and the clock counting up will go away for a few days/weeks then randomly return. Any help as to how to attempt a fix would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• 10 months later...

Bit of a late reply, but I can almost gaurantee that it's none of the above - I and it seems at least 2 others have the exact same issue - I pulled apart my AC unit, and found that it has some form of charcoal substance surrounding the 3 buttons (For whatever reason Nissan decided to put this in) - and the only explanation I have is that it's causing the buttons to corrode/ short or something. I unsoldered the 3 buttons, which caused the clock to stop counting up, and the AC unit to work - super easy and free fix, saving upwards of $400- 600 AUD. I made a little guide, I'll just attach the screenshots of the guide here:

spacer.png

Link to page 1: https://i.imgur.com/YVTCxIO.png

spacer.png

Link to page 2: https://i.imgur.com/157guVo.png

Yeah pretty simple fix if you've got a soldering iron. I personally haven't soldered new buttons on yet - but it's as simple as finding a 2 prong button from any electrical store - for Australia I'll be using just Jaycar.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...