SAU Community

Which Nismo Bearing for my rb26 rebuild

Might be a newb question here mates but i am currently getting a slite bore and resurfacing machine job on one of my rb26 engines for 800hp with 6466, motor is a virgin.  it is out of an r33 gtr. i ordered cp pistons and rings (86.5mm), manly rods, tomei 1.2mm headgasket, arp studs. so my question is i know i want to run nismo bearings both main and rod, i just dont know which ones to order they have 4 different part numbers that confuse me. I just want the standard size as I'm going to use a brand new crank, unless the guys that know there shit like piggaz etc talk me in a different direction. below are the links for the 1. rod bearings 2. main bearings, but not for the centre cap bearing that is different but I'm sure i can figure that out once i know what do get for the other main bearings3. link for centre main bearing. thanks mates much appreciated.

Nismo - Engine Bearings - RB26DETT - Nengun Performance

Nismo - Engine Bearings - RB26DETT - Nengun Performance

NISMO Metal Main Bearing Center STD6 RB26DETT GTR R32 R33 R34 12261-RRR36 | eBay

Even  with new crank, Nissan measured and put in different bearings, that's why they list STD 0, STD 1 and STD 2 part numbers. 

Since the block is used you should have it cleaned then measured for tunnel straightness, potentially even tunnel bored. Ideally you will then measure the clearance for each journal of the crank to the block and order the bearing to suit. Or just slap a set of STD 0 in there and hope for the best, at least you are only aiming for 800hp not a big build.

• Like 1

hey duncan glad you posted that's the info i needed. ill do it proper and have it cleaned/checked/what ever it takes to make it proper and not go boom. Was very close to sending my block to the sydney area but ive bought the prp honing brace and all the sonic testing tools to test the block prior too...so im gunna stay on this path with trying it myself. im not afraid to fail ive already learnt lots and usually just run stock engines as they seem to be good if maintained well to about 600whp with studs, but ive always wanted to try and build and rb and rev a little higher.  side not question if you have time, i want to step it up to 9.0.1 compression. to my understanding, small head skim and block skim, 1.2mm tomei gasket with cp 9.0.1 pistons should work without stamping my pistons to my head? if this is dumb i will just run the 8.5.1 pistons. cheers thanks again good mate.

Sorry CR calculation is not something I'm familiar with. I'd dummy assemble it with the 9.0 pistons and check how far they protrude from the block at TDC. I've done light head and block skims before with 1.2mm head gasket and not had issues but that is just one data point, not a rule.