SAU Community

I have no idea what to do

Defiance772

Just now, DaymoR32 said:

imagine having the first AU fronted Ferrari in America. i think instagram would collapse with all the likes.

Ford AU Falcon front-end conversions

That's awesome but must be on LPG and being a wagon would add to it's glory. Just imagine the roofline extending to the top of that spoiler and then a massive wing above that.

• Haha 2

On 2/2/2021 at 4:47 AM, zoomzoom said:

Wash your mouth out, that F40 rear end is ruining the gorgeous AU lines.

Point shouldn't need to be made that the engineering in an AU is massively better than that in an F40, but there it is.  So too the build quality.  Still, pointing out the obvious may help someone out.

53 minutes ago, djr81 said:

Point shouldn't need to be made that the engineering in an AU is massively better than that in an F40, but there it is.  So too the build quality.  Still, pointing out the obvious may help someone out.

its pretty obvious, the paint on the F40 was so thin that you could see the carbon fibre weave.... They didnt even paint the car properly.

On top of that instead of making the car out of good strong steel, they used fibre cloth and glue..... who does that?

And to access the engine, you dont just pull a lever and it opens like a well engineered AU, you need to unlock two latches, get a mate to help you lift it and then use a flimsy rod to keep it open, no gas struts!

Then they were so lazy developing the engine that it needs a service every 5000kms! and its only a 2.9l not a nice 4l straight six or a  5l windsor V8...  its so small and inferior!

I have no idea why the F40 costs so much when an AU is obviously the superior machine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Well in an even further apart comparison, there is an AU conversion available for Stageas too

Image result for au falcon vs mercedes

The drag coefficient would be heaps better now that it doesn’t have a boxy front end

16 hours ago, Duncan said:

more seriously though, if anyone can explain to me why one of these cars is the ugliest car ever designed, and the other is a 6 figure uber desirable one, I'd love to hear it.

image.png

Image result for falcon au rear

Snobbery.

By the way they made more AU's than any other model.

17 hours ago, Duncan said:

more seriously though, if anyone can explain to me why one of these cars is the ugliest car ever designed, and the other is a 6 figure uber desirable one, I'd love to hear it.

image.png

are AU's in the 6 figures now? this damn covid tax, its gonna be cheaper to buy an R34 than an AU soon!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Duncan said:

image.png

3 pointed swastika tax

As for the AU, I see your AU and raise my VX

Australian and American build quality, engineering and design at its, ummmm, best?

1 hour ago, mlr said:

3 pointed swastika tax

As for the AU, I see your AU and raise my VX

Australian and American build quality, engineering and design at its, ummmm, best?

Mexican build quality!

• Like 2