SAU Community

Alloy Radiator for Series 1 VQ25DET Stagea - Currently available parts?

KSSilence

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a struggle here finding an all Alloy radiator for my M35 Series 1 Stagea with the VQ25DET Engine.

Current one is weeping a little, and i suspect is also partially blocked, as on a really really hot day, (eg 40c), climbing the switchback road near me (if your in the Blue Mts, and you know the back way from Emu plains to Blaxland, you will know what i'm referring to) which has some steep sections will get her hot if i stick my foot into it.  Haven't actually boiled over yet,  but I have seen that gauge move up pretty high from normal. At all other times everything is fine, but i'd like to proactively replace the rad with a better one.

From my searching on the forums, it looks like what i need is an Alloy rad to Suit a "4 Door" V35 Skyline, (~686 - 688mm core width), as these should directly drop in, However all i can currently find are either the OEM Style, Single row units to suit the car, or 730mm Wide alloy units for other V35's that require modification to fit (im not sure quite what is involved here).
Many of the items or links listed in these posts from years ago are either invalid and/or no longer available.

Is anyone able to provide guidance as to Currently available full alloy radiators that will Suit an S1 Turbo Stag with Auto Trans?
If i need to move to an external trans cooler to get this to happen, i'm quite happy to do so.

Also, does any also know where to source a replacement upper fan shroud? one of the mounting tabs on my should, near the filler neck broke recently i've noticed, so the shroud is a tad loose.

Thanks

- Al.

G'day KSSilence and SAU, It's my first post. I bought a '97 Stagea from a mate about 9 years ago. I won't go into detail about what I had to fix to to keep it alive! Just lucky I had a good mechanic. With your M35 Stagea radiator I'd be checking www.perfectrun.com.au. You may want to talk to Taki, the owner of the business, he's Japanese and a mechanic. I bought new Cusco coilovers and a Fujitsubo stainless cat back exhaust through him. Way cheaper than getting anyone to replace what I had or an original system from Nissan. Perfect Run Japan P/L, Tel. 97465055. If your after secondhand SSS Automotive at Girraween are helpful. I'm guessing you live somewhere near Penrith, NSW? If you need a good mechanic Brian from Intune in Penrith is excellent, he's not scared of Stageas. I've known him for 20 years. When I first got my Stagea some parts came from JustJap at Kirrawee, they were good. I was surprised how many Stagea parts are used right through all Nissans. The best Nissan spares dealer I've come across is Von Bibra Auto Village, Robina, Qld. If you get stuck and can not get what you need in Australia, they will get it from Japan. Haven't spoke to him for a while but a bloke named Gary was very helpful. Parts Direct Telephone (07)55750555. They are Nissan parts dealers who know about imports, while other Nissan dealers look at you funny when you say Stagea. Hope this helps. James

Are you in Sydney? If so ill sell you a near new OEM Nissan one (3 months use) for $200. Otherwise Fenix do one for around $400 (can't remember where i got it). The OEM is about $800 new, so the Fenix is a much better option (its thicker).

I was stuffing around with radiators until i found the problem was with the fan clutch :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 
Thanks for the replies, both of you. Sorry for taking so long to get back, things have been a little hectic.

@stagea1997, Yes i'm not far from Penrith at all, thanks for the suggestions given. The fact that Perfectrun does Fujitsudo exhausts is nice as i've got the Legalis R exhaust from them on my list of things to do.

@MrStabby, As mentioned above, I am in the Sydney area. I'll have a think about the Nissan Rad, though ideally i'd prefer a Fenix or mishimoto one that is a direct fit.  Do you know what the Fenix part number is for the rad your referring to? it might be one ive already looked at which is 730mm wide rather than 686mm.   While i could mod the car to fit the 730mm wide one, I'd rather not if i didn't have to.

With the Nissan Rad you have,  does it come with a shroud as well? My upper shroud has a broken mount on it currently.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, KSSilence said:

, As mentioned above, I am in the Sydney area. I'll have a think about the Nissan Rad, though ideally i'd prefer a Fenix or mishimoto one that is a direct fit.  Do you know what the Fenix part number is for the rad your referring to? it might be one ive already looked at which is 730mm wide rather than 686mm.   While i could mod the car to fit the 730mm wide one, I'd rather not if i didn't have to.

With the Nissan Rad you have,  does it come with a shroud as well? My upper shroud has a broken mount on it currently.

The Fenix one i got is a perfect fit. Sorry I don't have the part number. Have you tried asking them?

No shroud - its on the Fenix in the car.