SAU Community

Gtr blowing smoke

Hello all, has been quite a while since I've been on here.

My R32 Gtr started blowing smoke recently, hasn't been driven that much after the engine rebuild, and it had brand new turbo's fitted when built. Has less than 3,000k's since rebuild. Build was done by Micks Motorsport.

Blows a lot of white smoke after about 10mins of normal driving. First time it happened, I parked the car, was about midday and left it until around 9 at night, started it and no smoke, drove it home with no issues. Has been up to Blue Haven and back with no smoke. Haven't given the car a hard time, its just been babied around with the occasional hit.

While moving, its not that bad but when I stop its worse. I was thinking turbo seal, but unsure as they are new.

Someone else suggested that it may need a catch can, as it could be feeding oil into the intake from the breather lines.

Any thoughts?

Who installed the engine after the rebuild? If it was the company that rebuilt the engine then take it straight back and get them to take care of it, if it was you then you're pretty much on your own unless the shop is nice enough to take a look for you.

It's a good idea to not use workshop names because a company name can easily be dragged through the mud for something that may have been of their control.

6 hours ago, Dobz said:

Who installed the engine after the rebuild? If it was the company that rebuilt the engine then take it straight back and get them to take care of it, if it was you then you're pretty much on your own unless the shop is nice enough to take a look for you.

It's a good idea to not use workshop names because a company name can easily be dragged through the mud for something that may have been of their control.

The workshop that built it didn't fit it, it went back to another workshop for them to fit while they did some other work on the car. All the work was done this time last year.

1 hour ago, Mick_o said:

White smoke isn't oil its coolant. Take it back to them mate. If its built and tuned by them it should be warranted. 

It smells like burning oil, and the oil level was down a bit. Doesn't have that sweet smell from the coolant.

3 hours ago, GimpyDammit said:

The workshop that built it didn't fit it, it went back to another workshop for them to fit while they did some other work on the car. All the work was done this time last year.

It smells like burning oil, and the oil level was down a bit. Doesn't have that sweet smell from the coolant.

Either way take it back to the shop. Who tuned it?