SAU Community

Decent aftermarket alternatives to R32/33 GTR wheels (16/17" x 8-9" +30)

twr7cx

Given that R33 GTR wheels seem to be priced around $500.00 a pop/$2,000.00 a set for 25 year old used wheels, is there any recommendation on any decent (measured by comparable build quality, wheel strength and weight to the GTR wheels - i.e. not what I'd find selling on TempeTyres shelf) aftermarket brand wheel options in similar sizing to the R32/33 GTR wheels (16 or 17" diameter by 8, 8.5 or 9" wide +30mm offset) at a similar price point to what the used GTR wheels sell for or are the GTR wheels good value at their current second hand prices? From what I've found most at this diameter are not as wide so to get the width they have to be stepped up to 18"+ diameter (which is larger than I want).

all the japanese stuff generally comes in 15-19 diameter and 5-11 wide plenty of companies Work, Enkei, Volk. Really comes don to budget and style choice. Never had an issue with quality. If thats what r33 wheels are going for I may as wellsell them all & buy more TE37  

On 06/01/2021 at 5:21 PM, niZmO_Man said:

don't have to worry about fakes).

Are fakes a common thing within JDM wheels? Easy to identify or challenging to identify which is which?

Edited by twr7cx