SAU Community

Insurance R33

On 02/01/2021 at 12:34 AM, Milkmun said:

Hey mate, I'm also in the western suburbs, similar profile as you and I pay roughly $1000 for my R33, valued at $17000 with Shannons.

Hey mate are you paying comprehensive? They asked if I had modifications which it is does, but just the usual - exhaust, Pod filter and fmic which was how I purchased it . I’m not sure if this would make much of a difference or if people don’t mention this stuff?

9 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Everyone is happy when nothing actually happens. Can you please crash your csr and report back. I ma genuinely curious and don't want to do it myself

Thanks.

I'll have a go tonight and report back. Also interested in the results 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eran1 said:

Hey mate are you paying comprehensive? They asked if I had modifications which it is does, but just the usual - exhaust, Pod filter and fmic which was how I purchased it . I’m not sure if this would make much of a difference or if people don’t mention this stuff?

Yeh mate full comp, similar mods which I told them all about. 

Also locked garage and purely a weekend car, forgot how many km a year I told them but.

• 2 months later...
On 02/01/2021 at 11:27 PM, admS15 said:

Yes we need someone to test the service of claims, lol. 

Well I can tell you that NRMA Vintage Veteran & Classic Insurance is a bit of bullshit. They state they will help organise a tow truck if your car ever breaks down 100km+ away from home.

I tried to call and organise that, and somehow they couldn't find my policy. Then I gave them my policy number and they advised they would organise a tow truck and get them to call me.

No-one ever called, then I called back they just transferred me to some other department and said look just get a tow truck organised and we "should" be able to sort it out. Not very clear, very vague, I then asked if they could just organise a tow truck for me, so that way it would be in their system. They advised I still needed to pay for it. At that point I was like whatever, just get me a tow truck. Tow truck company then calls, telling me they will pick up the car the next day and also can't take me back (due to covid).

Long story short, my mate towed his car back to Sydney first, then came back to Sutton Forest to get me.

A few months later (last week) I cancelled my policy and now with Enthusiast as well. $1.4k for $35k cover.

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

NRMA Vintage Veteran & Classic Insurance is a bit of bullshit

Not kidding Johnny, happened to me too, fuel pump died on freeway, called for tow, got the same run around, eventually agreed to send truck, truck arrives, loads car, I jump in, truck drives off freeway suddenly turns left into dark and dingy servo and insists on unloading car, after jumping up and down and shouting finished, he explained he was on duty clearing breakdowns from the freeway. The bastards had "sent" me a free service available to all motorists. Too tired to argue any longer called my usual towie Mike and he rescued me.

• Sad 1

@Rusty Nuts that's terrible, glad it wasn't just me with the shitty experience!

When you think NRMA, you think PREMIUM service, but clearly doesn't seem like it. I just hope Enthusiast isn't like this either. Just with these boutique arms of insurance - they all seem to be similar, have a friend with Just Cars back in the day having issues getting his hail damage paid out as well. They told him the car was a write-off, yet wouldn't pay him the agreed value and only market.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

When you think NRMA, you think PREMIUM service

Methinks they are riding a long dead reputation of when a bloke in a Holden panel van actually turned up quickly and fixed your wheels. And Justcars were the insurer of a bloke who hit my old work Falcon, I never got paid.

Edited by Rusty Nuts
additional information
  • Sad 1

A bloke on another forum I'm a member of reckons he made a claim with enthusiasts and has no complaints with the service. Unfortunately I don't have any more details.

Im happy with them so far. I pay $75 a month to cover my R33 @ 19k and my Mini Cooper S @ 9.5k. That is for 5k km with the Mini and 3k km per year with the 33. That works for me as i hardly drive the skyline any more and the Mini is used to drive to work and back.

Coming up to renewal time soon, will have to up the value of the 33. We'll see what happens with the price.

5 hours ago, maddy400r33 said:

Do you need written proof to do this? From a nissan club. Or other source. 

I don't think so as the value has risen due to market conditions and they know this. When i originally took a policy with them and wanted to be insured for a higher value, they just asked for lots of info and photos to assess the state and condition of the car. They agreed without any argument.

3 minutes ago, admS15 said:

they just asked for lots of info and photos to assess the state and condition of the car. They agreed without any argument.

This, I sent engine bay photos, exterior photos (many angles) and advised the car has no motor in it due to the respray and the motor sitting at a workshop.

Next day, instant approval for $35k cover.

• 4 months later...

Just checking.....is Enthusiasts still the best option?

I had mine with Just Cars which ended up as Aami - bomb insurance only.  Anyway I just enquired about comprehensive [because of the increase in value etc due to the USA]  and they would only insure for $9750.  I was looking at around $40K, have seen others on Carsales [and sold later] for around this figure...and some weren't as specced as mine is, so I reckon $40K is about right.

On 27/07/2021 at 3:24 PM, tridentt150v said:

It feels like the "only" option at the moment.

I used to be with NRMA Vintage (they grandfathered my policy so had it until Jan this year) then moved to Enthusiast after I accidentally resprayed the car and accidentally cut/welded the guards. NRMA Vintage wouldn't budge from the $12k cover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/07/2021 at 3:24 PM, tridentt150v said:

I had mine with Just Cars which ended up as Aami - bomb insurance only.  Anyway I just enquired about comprehensive [because of the increase in value etc due to the USA]  and they would only insure for $9750.  I was looking at around $40K, have seen others on Carsales [and sold later] for around this figure...and some weren't as specced as mine is, so I reckon $40K is about right.

Was in the same predicament with just cars/AAMI, covered for 8k. Went to enthusiasts, now covered for 25k full comp for around the same price as the AAMI bomb insurance.

Has anyone actually made a claim with Enthusiast? Paying insurance is one thing, having an agreed insured amount is another, but do they actually payout?

I'm just scared of being a in a situation where they find every excuse under the sun not to pay you. E.g. oh you're running E85, not paying you soz.