SAU Community

New member from UK - 240z RB build

Jay.

Hey guys,

I registered here a while ago and often come to this place for help via the search function when I get stuck.

I've got an old '72 Datsun 240z with an RB25DET swap. I bought it with the engine already installed, and It runs nicely. I've tried to do as much of the maitenance work as I can myself, but I'm by no means an expert. Thought I'd introduce myself finally. It's currently stock with the intentions of getting it relaible and "fun", around 350-400hp should be enough (it weighs in at just under a tonne)

Currently I'm trying to get the rocker head off as I've got a leaky cam cover seal. Whilst there I'd like to clean up the covers and give them a paint - I've considered getting some 26 covers, but on further thoughts I should probably save that money for something a little higher on the priority list (of which there are many!)

The car:

Wk52Ets.png

The engine:

eXmH5Kr.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

350-400should be enough??? come on now mate take a walk on the wild side and boost er up! jsut kidding that car is sick at any power level im just jealous. nice ride mate. would be quite the unit with a 6466 tho just saying. let the slippery slope begin mate come on build that motor and crank that ol girl.