SAU Community

Help win information

The colour code is in the middle of the vin plate.  What colour is it in real life?

KH2 - Gun Grey Metallic

KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic

KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic

TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl

AH3 - Red Pearl Metallic

732 - Black Pearl Metallic

326 - Crystal White

BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl (special order)

In other series it means that the car was removed from the production line for another manufacturer to build like Autech etc. Not sure if that applies to your car.

Generally in R32 the engine bay should be a duller version of the original exterior colour, so a red metallic car would have a dark red engine bay

On 1/15/2021 at 10:26 AM, sin- said:

Can you post or PM me a photo of the VIN plate?

2 hours ago, BK said:

Where is your actual blue factory build plate. Not the SEVS plate, not the import issued VIN plate - the build plate.

Something stinks....

This was my first ever skyline and did not know what to look for.

It does not have a blue plate like the R33 GTST I have.

I thought because it had the ADR Plate, that it was fine.

Missing build plate is a massive warning sign !

Does your car have any of the things listed in the specs ? HCR32-292195 is definitely supposed to be AH3 red pearl. It is also supposed to have a sunroof. Does it ?

If you had a build plate it would tell you that information, as that chassis code is a series 2 also.

3 hours ago, Francois said:

mine is one of them

No, it's not. It clearly says what it says. Your model code is KRCR32RKRCR32RGASLA and there are 205 cars in that spec, or at least 205 of that spec for whatever car actually is HCR32-292195, because it's not your chassis.

Your Australian VIN issue not being obtainable is another story. Use vincheck, pay $9.90 and see what it says as that information is from the Australian Federal government

Perhaps see if you can get a copy of the import approval from DOTARS for that VIN, it may have further information. De-registration or auction papers from Japan may also be available for HCR32-292195.

But given the factory VIN stamp is not on the firewall HCR32-xxxxxx and there is no Japanese blue build plate, unfortunately it looks no good.

You could also contact Lena Skyline / Lena Engineering / Nam T Le to see what records they have, but presumably the original import was correct and the tags were changed in Australia after compliance.

8 minutes ago, Duncan said:

factory VIN stamp is not on the firewall

Duncan it's hard to see but zoom in - the chassis code actually is stamped in the firewall above the silver riveted VIN plate tag, so the firewall is at least from said chassis number.

As the firewall is a two piece construction, I suspect the entire front firewall section at a minimum has been replaced.