SAU Community

Who to rebuild Gtr transfer case

SiR_RB

Not in Sydney but done heaps of them. I will have another modded transfer for sale complete in about 3 or 4 weeks, just waiting on one plate for the front to arrive. They take awhile to modify because obtaining the front retaining plate when changing friction plate count always changes size, and takes ages to get different sizes as some sizes are made to order from Nissan.

Why, is there something wrong with yours @SiR_RB ?

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing wrong with mine but while my box is out getting a freshen up and some billet goodies I was thinking of getting the transfer rebuilt 

have herd you can rebuild them to stock oem spec, full lock race spec and also an “in between” spec

can anyone confirm this 

Yes correct. Standard configuration is a 4.8mm - 7.0mm front and 5.0mm rear retaining plates with 19 other plates in between that - 12 steels and 7 friction plates all at 2.0mm each. You change the friction and steel plate count, so you can go from standard 7 to a maximum of 10 frictions with any count in between.

Realistically though most people jump straight to the 10 plate transfer upgrade for maximum torque handling capacity. I've sold a few like this over the last couple of years and have it like this myself in both 32s.