SAU Community

Exchanging the japanese radio/navi for an english language one - what to use

HCD Velcra

Guys, basically I got one question.
So I still have the double din radio/navi in my car and besides that I only got unusable japanese frequencies in the radio, it only reads CDs and is 99% in japanese - it is working fine ^^
It also has a rear port ( cinch ) for the rear camera, which automatically starts and gets projected on the screen as soon as I hit the reverse gear - do many radios have such a port for a camera and will the be activated too directly or is it a question if additional signal cables from the gear to the radio to let it know, when to project the rear view?

Sorry if this isnt good english but as I said before, Im german. :D

Thank you guys ❤️
BTW: The radio is a clarion addzest something road explorer 3.0 HDD

Just about any double DIN car stereo with a big LCD screen would have a video input for reversing cameras.

I don't know about how the signal and screen are activated in your car. AFAIK R33s didn't come with this stuff. Are you talking about some later V series or Stagea? Actually, I don't even know how the camera and screen are activated in those later cars either. But it is quite possible that there is a "reverse" wire that comes from the gear shifter reverse switch or from the BCM that would tell the stereo to switch over to reverse camera mode. Or, it could be that the stereo automatically does so whenever the camera signal goes live.

Ah I see, but you couldnt say that they all got this input point in form of a cinch plug I suppose?

Yeye, its my R33 Gtst. Looks like I would have have to take the radio out and have a look where all wires are going or if one directs to the gearbox or something. Sigh ^^

It has to be one of two no?
Get the camera power as soon as you hit reverse and the screen recognizes that and switches OR
tell the screen when it is reverse and let it switch to the always powered cam