SAU Community

V36 key Fobs

Thought I might add some info for people looking to get a new key and Fob for a Skyline GT370 or similar V36 models

this what I found-

Nissan don't want to know you. although some will try if pushed with info provided by some of the threads here.

Parramatta nissan being one who said they would try {no gaurantee it would work} after telling me the cant do it, they wanted $225 for the pleasure to Program the key.

Mind you some dealers don't have the security module for the consult 111+ scan tool so fair enough.

Keys Fobs , Sinergy motorsports sell them for about $200  genuine JDM import. Key plus Fob - Stock could be problem in the near future

Nissan charge around $380 +

If you can find your part number you could probably get one a bit cheaper directly from a Jap parts website online.

I did also find some second hand units online in Japan about $135-170 posted to Aust.

couldn't find any info whether these can be reprogrammed ?  Let me Know Brains Trust

Programming the key-  there are  a few locksmiths who can do it with a bit of searching, charging $165 for programming. That will vary with each locksmith.

I did find a guy in sydney who could do it with non genuine parts for $350 all up  but who knows what quality you will get.

All in all the process is time consuming and painfull but can be done.

if anyone knows someone in Sydney who can program them cheaper let me know 

Hope this helps

Edited by Camstad

You can also buy a second hand FOB for like $10 on Yahoo auctions in Japan and get it delivered. Then you need a blank key + outer shell if you want a brand new looking key, altogether around $10 from aliexpress plus get it cut in Bunnings/Mitre10 < $10. Not sure about what happens now but when I needed a spare key for the v36 I found a guy in Melbourne who did it for $150+GST, so altogether under $200 for a brand new key programmed.

Edited by Zveruga

To get your fob programmed i found two people in sydney that can help

Garry from safezone locksmiths on the central coast and Tom from ultimate locksmiths in sydney 

about $160-$170 for the fob to be programmed.

let me know if you can get a second hand fob reprogrammed as it might save a $100 or so off buying a new one.