SAU Community

Rev problem RB25DET NEO

After we put a front facing inlet on the car, it basically cuts out if I press the pedal down too quick.(around 1k rpm if I remember correctly) Example if I have it idling and want to give it a quick rev it’s like she stops running and wants to cut out until I let off. It appears to idle fine and It will go full send without issue if I gradually press the pedal. What would cause this? I iniatlly suspected my IAC hose that goes from the IAC to pipe at throttle body as it had a massive kink and was basically cut off.  After searching online I don’t think it has anything to do with the IAC? I’ll swap the hose for a straight one anyway in the next day or two. Any suggestions? Vac leak maybe? 

thanks 🙏🏻 

throttle body alongside a nistune, I know a lot of people hate ffp, fair enough I understand.

But still it shouldn’t do that as thousands of people have done it without issue. I’m just trying to find out the cause. 

maybe do a vac leak check. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/01/2021 at 9:27 PM, GTSBoy said:

No, it will be boost sensor or TCS throttle sensor or something that hasn't been dealt with correctly in the change.

Thanks for that. Will check tomorrow as putting another hose on as well that’s isn’t kinked.  I still have the r34 throttle body. I might put it back on I hope I have room.

Think it’s best I should get my hands on a nistune cable soon.

Think you’re right @GTSBoy.

I check today and found the boost sensor was hidden right behind the rear of the engine hidden away and the nipple has snapped clean off the sensor. Picked one up today off a random Nissan, not same part number but 100% identical visually and has 3 pin plug also. Will try tomorrow and report back 👍🏻

Started it up and oil feed is leaking. 
it’s leaking from underneath the copper washer. It will also leak without the washer.

don’t know why the holset never came with two threaded holes. Is there anything I can do other than drill and tap for an adapter?

D37F357C-80A8-4B6C-B58B-68E47D57D5FD.jpeg

8C8C387C-5BEF-4520-BF1A-C8D756B9DBFB.jpeg

Edited by r34.rory