SAU Community

G37 EcuTek - being told that some ECUs do not have enough memory for custom maps

37 minutes ago, mycarhasposessedme said:

Yep 09/10 i think they added more memory.

What year is your car?

One of the reasons I am using Uprev. Plus I can self tune. My vehicle is 08.

mines 09, didnt know the memory thing was a thing 😅

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, The Max said:

Certainly is a thing but if you're an '09 model, you're OK. Mine is an '09 model too (built 12/2008) and ECUtek'ed.

so i went and asked - they took at it and said mine didnt have enough memory :(

On 6/23/2021 at 10:07 PM, YouTRIPPIN? said:

so i went and asked - they took at it and said mine didnt have enough memory :(

is that just an ECUTEK thing? 
We have ADM G37 and 370gts on uprev with 5 Maps on them. Bit strange.. O.o

Is the Ecutek memory thing only an issue if you want multiple maps? If so maybe a single performance map could be supported & be a better option than swapping in a newer ecu 🤷‍♂️

Sure it’s cool to have multiple maps if you can, but not everyone actually needs them. Have a look at your individual situation & how much you would use a valet map etc.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:32 AM, steV36 said:

Is the Ecutek memory thing only an issue if you want multiple maps? If so maybe a single performance map could be supported & be a better option than swapping in a newer ecu 🤷‍♂️

Correct, it's about multiple maps. A single map is definitely feasible but seemingly not all of us have ECUs with sufficient memory for multiple maps.

Frankly, I find the multiple maps thing in these cars to be a bit of a wank but that's just my personal preference.

Edited by The Max
  • Like 1