SAU Community

GTR R32 Gearbox Input Shaft Bearing

oktaytrz

Sorry, your box needs to come out and taken apart. You can't get the input shaft out on a synchro box without removing the gearset on the centre plate from the bell housing.

On a dog box it's easy. You remove the front gearbox cover and the input shaft just falls out.

16 minutes ago, BK said:

Sorry, your box needs to come out and taken apart. You can't get the input shaft out on a synchro box without removing the gearset on the centre plate from the bell housing.

On a dog box it's easy. You remove the front gearbox cover and the input shaft just falls out.

Hi mate,

I've already taken the box out so I guess I just have to find a decent shop to take the box to get it inspected and replace the input shaft bearing.

4 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

As if that's the only thing that needs replacing.

Budget on doing every part in it that you can buy (because some parts can't be bought any more).

Absolutely this ^ Check out my white 32 GTR build with the completely fcked box that was in that. We weren't even going to pull it down but the carnage we found was out of control for a box that still sort of worked. Bearings were the least of our worries...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 7:28 PM, BK said:

Absolutely this ^ Check out my white 32 GTR build with the completely fcked box that was in that. We weren't even going to pull it down but the carnage we found was out of control for a box that still sort of worked. Bearings were the least of our worries...

Thank god my oil drain plug did not look like that.. 

My car was driving all nice etc but the reason why I've pulled the box out was because of the rattling noise. very annoying.