Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Its already sold. Buy tickets in raffle to win it instead 

Screenshot_20210208-191932_Instagram.jpg

f**k. Imagine the dipshit that will win that....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

f**k. Imagine the dipshit that will win that....

See the dipshits that burnt the AMG they won from these guys? Lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

f**k. Imagine the dipshit that will win that....

I could just imagine all the hard work and $$$ that was put into It only to see it get wrapped around a pole 

this is not the sorta car you hand over to an inexperienced driver

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

See the dipshits that burnt the AMG they won from these guys? Lol

 

5 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

I could just imagine all the hard work and $$$ that was put into It only to see it get wrapped around a pole 

this is not the sorta car you hand over to an inexperienced driver

Exactly. It's also no the sort of car you can just own and not continue to sink money into. Anyway, I better buy a f**king ticket.... Do my bit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

I could just imagine all the hard work and $$$ that was put into It only to see it get wrapped around a pole 

this is not the sorta car you hand over to an inexperienced driver

Yep it's a seriously dangerous car in the wrong hands. 

Hopefully these Kent's make the winner have to do some sort of driver training course or something before they get the keys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mick_o said:

Yep it's a seriously dangerous car in the wrong hands. 

Hopefully these Kent's make the winner have to do some sort of driver training course or something before they get the keys. 

Yeh I read a comment from them saying that it will be de tuned and a track/ learning day will be set up to teach the winner about the car.

still extremely dangerous even at 6 or 700hp if you have never experienced it before

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put a 2psi spring in it and remove the boost controller, you know some kid fresh of his Ps will end up with this 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Its already sold. Buy tickets in raffle to win it instead 

Screenshot_20210208-191932_Instagram.jpg

There must be a shit load of money to be made from doing this, they were the ones that paid 1.1m for the hsv Ute and are raffling it off 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still amazed/highly sceptical that it is legal in any way. It is a lottery, and it's not state run = illegal. If they weren't charging for tickets then sweet, but then they obviously wouldn't be doing it. So I just can't see how it is legal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

I'm still amazed/highly sceptical that it is legal in any way. It is a lottery, and it's not state run = illegal. If they weren't charging for tickets then sweet, but then they obviously wouldn't be doing it. So I just can't see how it is legal.

Technically it is not a lottery, it's a trade promotion or something. You don't buy a ticket, you buy a membership package and then you get a ticket.

Names printed off and put in a barrel, not tickets in a barrel. Little bit suss

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also dude has an account on here from memory. I would think it is not illegal, as it is way too public for that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I'm sure it is technically legal, I'm sure they've found a loophole that allows them to do it. As you say, very public and quite well known. But still, the rules are if it:

 

1. Has an element of chance (its a random draw, so tick).

2. Has a prize (obviously tick)

3. Has a 'consideration', of ANY form. It HAS to be completely free to enter to be considered a legal sweepstakes, and it has to be easy to get the free entry. If it requires a substantial effort to enter for free (ie, a membership) or requires a fee, then it is a lottery. So for me, tick. 

 

I looked long and hard into how to do something like this to promote my business, and in the end decided it just wasn't worth doing because it is quite difficult to set something up that isn't classed as an illegal lottery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unzipped Composites said:

I mean I'm sure it is technically legal, I'm sure they've found a loophole that allows them to do it. As you say, very public and quite well known. But still, the rules are if it:

 

1. Has an element of chance (its a random draw, so tick).

2. Has a prize (obviously tick)

3. Has a 'consideration', of ANY form. It HAS to be completely free to enter to be considered a legal sweepstakes, and it has to be easy to get the free entry. If it requires a substantial effort to enter for free (ie, a membership) or requires a fee, then it is a lottery. So for me, tick. 

 

I looked long and hard into how to do something like this to promote my business, and in the end decided it just wasn't worth doing because it is quite difficult to set something up that isn't classed as an illegal lottery.

I believe the way they get around point 3 is that they offer a "free entry" by mailing in a card to the business. Very simple and easy compared to buying a shirt which gives you "10 entries".

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyway I am going to win it and take the front shaft out and do skids

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

anyway I am going to win it and take the front shaft out and do skids

Plus have engine catch on fire and end up on the news??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

anyway I am going to win it and take the front shaft out and do skids

Oh no your not !

I'm going to win it, put some Fast&Furious stripes on it, take it to the US and sell it for eleventeen billion dollars !

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

Plus have engine catch on fire and end up on the news??

Better than having the car chopped in half with people in it (R.I.P. EVLR34)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2021 at 8:41 AM, r32-25t said:

There must be a shit load of money to be made from doing this, they were the ones that paid 1.1m for the hsv Ute and are raffling it off 

heaps... that's how Troy Candy / ECM has a good life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...