SAU Community

What is this????

Was draining fluid out of the gearbox today and this came out or was stuck to the drain plug all happened at once. But definitely came out of the gearbox. Lol dumb Canadian cheers boys and gals looking forward to finding out what this is.

8837400C-9FB5-404C-AA7C-9179A8CEC1AA.jpeg

30BB422D-F6B7-4573-B290-3226A16FA7B7.jpeg

F1E04565-CF92-43BC-8635-9EE99E0CD15C.jpeg

It’s part of your synchro selector mechanism. You’ll probably find it easy to select the 2 gears that the synchro collar key has come from or it might jump out of gear due to the synchro having 2 rather than 3 of those keys holding the synchro in place.  Or you just might not even notice!  If you’re not noticing anything I’d just send it till it becomes a problem and worry about it then. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

It’s part of your synchro selector mechanism. You’ll probably find it easy to select the 2 gears that the synchro collar key has come from or it might jump out of gear due to the synchro having 2 rather than 3 of those keys holding the synchro in place.  Or you just might not even notice!  If you’re not noticing anything I’d just send it till it becomes a problem and worry about it then. 

hey ewan your a good mate. i didnt think it was that deal.  gearbox is gunna see 30psi on a 6466 soon so i may have more goodies in the bottom of my gearbox soon. lol hopefully not mate but want to rebuild both of the 5 speeds i have, or just be a man and do the 6 speed swap from r34. cheers mate

i think im due to break a gerbox soon ive been launching gtrs for  years now and i always seem to have good luck with my glass build 5 speeds. might be that i never run sticky tires and usually spin alot. also have a slip valve on my triple plate works really good.

Hahahaha !🤣 Yeah insert shifter spring. It's the part that holds the selection collar in position. Probably from 3rd or 4th. There is 3 of them per coupling collar in 1st - 2nd and 3rd - 4th. You will notice at high rpm if one is missing, it will crunch. All three missing it will crunch at any rpm.

Box out and fix.

That is caused from shifting at too higher rpm like race car box.

15 minutes ago, BK said:

Hahahaha !🤣 Yeah insert shifter spring. It's the part that holds the selection collar in position. Probably from 3rd or 4th. There is 3 of them per coupling collar in 1st - 2nd and 3rd - 4th. You will notice at high rpm if one is missing, it will crunch. All three missing it will crunch at any rpm.

Box out and fix.

That is caused from shifting at too higher rpm like race car box.

or letting your wife drive your gtr...lol just kidding i was ripping the hell out of it racing an mk4 this summer and pulled it into fourth gear like a ppg. shes never been the same im assuming this is when that happened. oh well. i got that other box i should probably learn how to fix these things so i dont have to send it to you. cheers ben hope all is well mate.

yeah they seem to be a life time battle of balance between spending frenzies and long sleepless nights, for me adhd just kicks the shit out of me so the worse the car is the better. regardless anything that can connect a son and his father is good beans. r32 gtrs being shit yes lol. that aside give me about a week mate that build im doing is turning out to be pretty not bad. not like some of the stuff in your neck of the woods but for a dumb canadian its gunna be the meow in the area. hopefully brings some business to the new shop. that's why i spent more than i should have im done cutting trees i feel like im going to die and my luck has run up to be honest. want to stay at ground level and try to make a buck tuning. ill have the only awd dyno within 1000km. ended up making a nice connection with prp canada through it tho so what ever. keep in touch good chap.

r32 gtr 1000hp.jpg

i didn't mine my twins at all. seemed like they were always leaking something at some point. I'm way to impatient to deal with the rats nest on both sides of the engine really. its set up simple now for dumb Canadian.

9 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

want to stay at ground level and try to make a buck tuning. ill have the only awd dyno within 1000km. ended up making a nice connection with prp canada through it tho so what ever. keep in touch good chap.

That's bloody awesome. I hope you can really make a go of it. Doesn't sound too dumb to me 👍

2 hours ago, BK said:

That's bloody awesome. I hope you can really make a go of it. Doesn't sound too dumb to me 👍

thanks mate. all ive ever known is hard work the rest seems to fall in place but sometimes doesnt too, and thats ok. i really do enjoy working on cars and meeting mates like yourself. everyone around my area is laughing at me for investing into a dyno, the same way they laughed at me when i started my small little family tree company that does pretty good, so f**k them the world seems to becoming a more hostel and bitter place to live everyday so i just try to plow through, smile,and work twice as hard as the guy beside me. that keeps me focused on my short term goals. my 2 year old son seems to really like cars(cause he doesnt know waht money is yet) so im gunna invest for him so he doesnt have to cut trees like the rest of us. cheers chap. 

• Like 1