SAU Community

intake ideas and single turbo under the bonnet RB26 builds.

Looking for a carbon universal intake or anything that will work to finish my build. in anyone has any leads on one, preferrably something hi end. if not im just going to make a titanium one but i got alot of carbon parts on the outside of my car and will work nice with my engine bay in my opinion. one picture below of my bay, all the pipes are being powdered chrome black, and my rad will be a hypertune v2 with hypertune intake manifold also powder coated chrome black with kelford black camgears and nitto clear cover, cheers. feel free to post all your engine bays with rb singles for ideas. could be a not bad thread really of just a bunch of crazy single engine bays. I have a lot of other ideas of where to mount my catch can, coolant collector, over flow, washer spray, making alot of custom aluminum stuff but again will all be chrome black . (abs deleted now with gktech kit with clutch line) post some single bays mates cheers!

r32 gtr 1000hp.jpg

abs delete.jpeg

im going to probably end up going with this i think it will match my bay, and just have a cheap alumium intake on a k and n in my trunk if it gets hairy out or i have to go for longer trip. cheers

precision screen NGR.jpg

I don't like it (the mesh intake). Mesh has a much higher blockage fraction than you would think. Causes a pressure drop, but doesn't actually do any air cleaning worth a knob of goat shit. Better to do it properly and get someone to make you a carbon tube to site a proper airbox/pod on the end of. There's always someone nearby who knows how to lay up carbon. My sister-in-law does it (as an example of what you might consider to be an unlikely person).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

I don't like it (the mesh intake). Mesh has a much higher blockage fraction than you would think. Causes a pressure drop, but doesn't actually do any air cleaning worth a knob of goat shit. Better to do it properly and get someone to make you a carbon tube to site a proper airbox/pod on the end of. There's always someone nearby who knows how to lay up carbon. My sister-in-law does it (as an example of what you might consider to be an unlikely person).

thanks mate.  i come from the tree cutting industry i know all about keeping crap out of motors with proper filtration and intake boxes(wood chippers, 1 tons, forestry trucks take a beating from saw dust, even the sti and every car on the block..) soo i should know better. not a bad piece for the show or the odd photo shoot stuff.....but yeah im just going to order some titanium pie cuts and make one...just gunna forget the carbon thing as i dont have anyone that can as you say lay up carbon in my area. 95 percent of people dont know what a skyline is mate just a different world on this end of the woods. yes lots of gtrs in canada but i live in river manitoba canada not a jdm car over 500hp within 1000km exept mine and a few others...if someone has a problem they come to us..ya pathetic lol. but i can get titanium from vibrant at a good cost so ill come up with something. i was going to run it to a modded arc box but to beefy and just not the route im going. im going with a titanium pie cut tube to a custom box of some kind. just wanted to visually see what the mates have done to get my wheels turning. my custom box i want to also hold my washer fluid nicely tucked. will match custom catchcan and overflow on other side...cheers not one bay posted yet come on now.

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Ignore all the other crap and just focus on the intake pipe & cover.. most Aussie fabricators have this template ready to go.

20200802_122701.thumb.jpg.084f930315c286a75d1279e8a49ecff9.jpg

hey mate i really like that. i am goign to do that shape but with titanium. i like the raw look just me tho

titanium intake ballin.jpg

• Like 1

man some boring classic responses lol i didn't expect much less, and also im just going to test my 4 inch titanuim pie cut intake against just a simple bend 4 inch aluminum intake with a k & n on the dyno. i highly doubt pie cuts rob power and yeah might effect airflow a bit but i bet we arent even gunna notice on the dyno. oh well time will tell lm also going to test it against that shitty screen i bought too. im suprised no one likes the titanium intake idea oh well. anything to disagree i guess lol i knew this post was going to get roasted. its clear that a simple bend it smarter in everyway but also fricken boring through my eyes mate. im looking for ideas from people that went a different route with something unique and different than picking the 90 aluminum bent pipe off the ground and throwing a filter on it with a cheap box around it...cheers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

im looking for ideas from people that went a different route with something unique and different than picking the 90 aluminum bent pipe off the ground and throwing a filter on it

For what reason? There is engineering sense, and there is fashion. Engineering sense first, fashion last. You'll never get me to choose something that looks "better" but works worse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

For what reason? There is engineering sense, and there is fashion. Engineering sense first, fashion last. You'll never get me to choose something that looks "better" but works worse.

i do agree mate i also go the cheaper proper route but in this case,my mechanic just wants to try a few different things and im ok with that, we only live once so fak it if a guy wants to try a couple things aint going to hurt my feelings. i just wanna go yak yak yak! and by no means was i trying to convince you of anything only telling my plan and looking for pictures of intakes really! cheers

11 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Absolutely. I actually don't like an engine that screams "hey look at me, look how modified I am !"

I guess it's just not me.

For example my 32 has a heavy duty Donaldson 4" truck bend and pipe from an Isuzu to the 6466. Looks like it could be a factory part if you didn't know better.

Yes it would also look more bling if my turbo oil feed was just left in the bare braided line without the heat sleeving, but it's also there for a reason.

IMG_20201212_141153_0.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BK said:

Absolutely. I actually don't like an engine that screams "hey look at me, look how modified I am !"

I guess it's just not me.

For example my 32 has a heavy duty Donaldson 4" truck bend and pipe from an Isuzu to the 6466. Looks like it could be a factory part if you didn't know better.

Yes it would also look more bling if my turbo oil feed was just left in the bare braided line without the heat tubing also, but it's there for a reason too.

IMG_20201212_141153_0.jpg

hundred percent ben i understand. if it was up to me my engine bay would look very simple which is my style. my mechanic wants to use the bay to show what he can do to try and get some more business and yeah just the way it ended up going. its not costing me anymore money to do it this way just the way it ended up happening. was just trying to build something cool and different thats all mate....not to brag more just for fun, cheers. im the brokest mate on the planet just love my gtr....