SAU Community

What does this button do?

Jeets

7 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Where is it located? Maybe show a zoomed out picture? Follow the wires?

It's located under the steering wheel. I have uploaded a zoom out picture. Yeah i will just follow the wire. Do you think it could be adaptive Front-lighting System?

IMG_0192.jpeg

I would suggest that it is for some additional lights added to the front of the car intended to splash a lot of light on closeup objects that you're about to run over because you shouldn't be driving a car.

Where "you" refers to the person who fitted the lights.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jeets said:

adaptive Front-lighting System

My BMW has a switch for realigning headlights according to load. Later Nissans had it also, is this the early version? Have you tried it out in the dark, point the car at a wall and see what the headlights do when you activate it.

• Thanks 1

Oh my god ! 

"Wouldn't press it if i was you."

That's going against human nature !

Its in humanity's make up to press that button.

If there the was a big red button marked:-

"END OF THE WORLD BUTTON DO NOT PRESS"

Before you could turn your back . . . . . . someone would just to see what happens.

So, this thread was funnier to me until I picked up the Fuga today, and it had that button too.

Anyway, after some quality time with the paperwork (yes, an import that actually came with original papers!), it is a button related to the option ultrasonic alarm.  I also have an extra "security" led on top of the steering column.

So, turn the switch on, headlights to auto, lock car and walk away. Approach with key on you after dark, and an LED lights up the driver's door handle so you can find it and unlock it using the door button. 2021-02-20 20.23.30.jpg

• Like 3