SAU Community

Aftermarket wheel specs for V35 Skyline's

Blakeo

Hi guys, I wanted to know what is the best wheel spec in a 18" rim size for a v35 skyline. 

I have searched and found opinions ranging from +30 - +44mm 

I am looking at some Rota Grid R's which are 18x9.5"+38mm Offset, would they be suitable for the front and rear of my car without hitting on anything? 

I also will be running a slightly stretched 235/45 tyre on them, with 1.5 degrees of negative camber. 

Thank you :)

You will get a LOT of different opinions, but for a lightly lowered daily driver, I think the perfect fitment for a V35 is:

Front 9.5 +20

Rear 10.5 +12

You will need to tuck these a tad from stock, but lowering your car will naturally do this a bit, and there tends to be enough adjustment in the stock setup to get enough camber for a little tuck.

9.5" +38 on the rear would be weak, and sit a heap inside the guards (like 3cm+ inside). For the front it would NEARLY be ok, but wouldn't sit flush unless you are stock height.

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

You will get a LOT of different opinions, but for a lightly lowered daily driver, I think the perfect fitment for a V35 is:

Front 9.5 +20

Rear 10.5 +12

You will need to tuck these a tad from stock, but lowering your car will naturally do this a bit, and there tends to be enough adjustment in the stock setup to get enough camber for a little tuck.

9.5" +38 on the rear would be weak, and sit a heap inside the guards (like 3cm+ inside). For the front it would NEARLY be ok, but wouldn't sit flush unless you are stock height.

At the moment I have 9.5 +10 and they sit about 20-25mm outside the guards though at the back😛

But....but....here's the thing. You have wheels. You know their specs. You know how they sit. You can get under the car and measure clearances to internal components exactly. So why are you asking what will fit? You can work it out for yourself with a dressmaker's tape measure and arithmetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

But....but....here's the thing. You have wheels. You know their specs. You know how they sit. You can get under the car and measure clearances to internal components exactly. So why are you asking what will fit? You can work it out for yourself with a dressmaker's tape measure and arithmetic.

but the easy way is to ask others and google :P

9.5 +10 on the back shouldn't sit 20-25mm outside the rear guards .... not on a V35 anyhow. On the front they will though. Especially if you are stock height and the wheels have no camber.

I find this an extremely useful resource. If you plug in the oem wheel sizes, you can then compare other width/offsets and it will tell you internal clearance, as well as offset from centre outside the guards.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

On 2/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, Nightcrawler said:

9.5 +10 on the back shouldn't sit 20-25mm outside the rear guards .... not on a V35 anyhow.

OP hasn't said Coupe or Sedan, makes a big difference, I have stock coupe 18s on my sedan and they sit flush all round

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Blakeo said:

Hi guys, I wanted to know what is the best wheel spec in a 18" rim size for a v35 skyline. 

I have searched and found opinions ranging from +30 - +44mm 

I am looking at some Rota Grid R's which are 18x9.5"+38mm Offset, would they be suitable for the front and rear of my car without hitting on anything? 

I also will be running a slightly stretched 235/45 tyre on them, with 1.5 degrees of negative camber. 

Thank you :)

This is something I am interested in too.

I have a 2005 350GT Premium Coupe with the stock 17's. The OEM fitment of these wheels looks really poor. The wheels are way more than several millimetres in from the exterior of the body.

Personally I am looking for 18's or 19's that have a nice flush fit with the body, preferably fairly wide too. I don't want stretched tires nor do I want negative camber. It's not an aesthetic I personally like and I'd still like it to be a practical daily.

Does anyone have any suggestions?