SAU Community

Is it okay to sandwich plate your sandwich plate?

Blakeo

My mate has a R31 track car, unfortunately the oil cooler he bought uses a sandwich plate without provisions for oil temp/pressure sensors. 

His RB30 block hasn't got provisions for oil feed being an N/A (not even blocked off, just don't exist?). 

The only other place I can see us getting the oil temp/pressure sensors a oil feed is from the oil pressure switch, but I am not sure if its okay to tee three sensors off this port (oil switch, temp and pressure sensors). 

The only other solution I can think of is putting another oil sandwich plate on there so we can have the excess ports. 

Any ideas? :D

I'm assuming budget is a factor in replacing sandwich plate...may not be much cheaper but yes you can definitely T the pressure and switch off the existing switch feed. You could also have the temp sensor there but consider it really needs flowing oil not some back water to respond to temp changes quickly. Also they tend to be physically long and may not fit within a T fitting.

Other options for temp are a fitting in the oil cooler lines or even drill and tap the sump (or weld on boss if steel sump)