SAU Community

Power steering leak

IM-32-FK

I changed the suction and return hoses on the power steering tank and changed the fluid to go with it but I’m still having leaking issues. It’s leaking very faintly all it does is just cover the resovoir in a thin film of oil. It seems to be coming from where the two parts of the tank connect, but it could be the cap itself.

I have no rubber rings of gaskets on cap, does anybody know exactly where it should go and what sizes? And from the part that connects the two parts of the reservoir , how did you reseal that part?

A3BEAF4A-2C72-4C0D-B8AF-73A3AEA661DB.jpeg

9CD8DC57-958B-4C0F-8B94-21CB47AA4121.jpeg

26 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The lid gasket would pretty clearly go in the part of the lid that contacts the top edge of the reserviour......

I put a o ring around the part I marked yellow. Or should I put one around the front part marked red?

9FE23732-3115-430A-A775-2D8AB5CE43C0.jpeg

Edited by IM-32-FK

It is more likely caused by no or low vacuum to the power steering pump causing excessive foaming of the ATF. There is no seal in them originally because that three pipe arrangement in the cap is actually a labyrinth intended to increase the air volume above ATF. You should have a vacuum line from after the MAF to the PS pump and a line to the carbon canister.

Edited by Rusty Nuts

11 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

It is more likely caused by no or low vacuum to the power steering pump causing excessive foaming of the ATF. There is no seal in them originally because that three pipe arrangement in the cap is actually a labyrinth intended to increase the air volume above ATF. You should have a vacuum line from after the MAF to the PS pump and a line to the carbon canister.

I know exactly what your talking about. It’s these vacuum hoses. Are you telling me their is low vacuum on them? Like they are blocked or something?

FE059F78-1B02-485D-B7A7-B57517848926.jpeg

429E6250-4F03-4B2A-9CF1-22B806015A9C.jpeg