SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

John Stafford

unknown plug and switch

Can anyone tell me what this plug socket is in my centre console? (Picture attached)

I also have two switches by my right knee that are a mystery to me (Picture attached and what I know about them is explained below). 

The switches in that area from Top left (turning the auto turning lights on and off), moving to the right of that is the Boot release and then on the right is the traction control switch. 

next line down on the right is where you put the key in if the key battery is flat, so you can start the car BUT I do not know what the switch to the left of that is?? Can any one tell me?

Then the next row down above the ETC toll card slot there is another small switch. Does anyone know that that switch does? ?  Thanks for any help

socket under armrest.jpg

switches by my right knee.jpg

Ah go for a guess, electric heated demist mirrors small switch with a mirror auto pic, and on/off switch, a rear light foglight conversion.......what did I win? 

Other than that enter the car upsidedown, have a peek! 

The socket is for wiring a phone to the car (non bluetooth). Not sure if the cable was proprietary or industry standard, and whether it was included with the car or an option. Either way it is good news if you need to connect a Nokia 8110

the on/off switch doesn't look original, so who knows what it might be.

the button look like it might be the mirror tilt down switch, my car as a similar button in that area that turns on/off the side mirror tilt down in reverse.

it will be a switch to turn your Speed sensor wire on or off.

so you can use the TV,DVD,USB videos and other things when driving.

Great, thanks for the info on that larger switch. 

the little one at the bottom did stop the left hand mirror from tilting down when I put the car in reverse so now I know what the other one does. Cheers John