SAU Community

GT30(3037S) Information.

Hey guys! So long story short, I have an RB25 with a fair amount of work done, It's been running a GT3037S (From what I can tell).

It's housed in a .87ar, T28(?) I believe, well.. my problem is, the manifold I had, cracked, thrice. Welded it up, cracked again. So I'm on a mission to utilize my T3 Exhaust manifold.

I'm really hoping Discopotato chimes in ;) As I've seen him of great help on the countless threads I've read tonight, specifically with a T3 housing that had fitment issues on a supposed GT30 turbo some time ago.

Does anyone have the inducer/exducer size that would match the 56T version of the 3037? I know I'll have to buy a housing and machine it to fit the turbine. 

The GT37 compressor in 56 trim was around 76mm on the inducer and around 57 from memory on the inducer .

Turbine housings , you should be able to buy them in T3 flange to suit a Garrett BB turbo with a GT30 turbine . If running an integral waste gate should be easy to get .

Hi! I'll get pictures uploaded shortly. 

It's definitely a .87ar, T2 flanged manifold, very short and stout the rear turbine housing is.

The only thing that sucks, is that the tag in the CHRA is missing, but everything I've found as far as Comp housing and such match to a 56GT 3037S (Gt30r).

I'll try to dig up the thread where someone had this same issue, I have an external wastegate so it is a bit harder to find, and hoping that someone can machine the housing to fit properly.

The GT37 compressor in 56 trim was around 76mm on the inducer and around 57 from memory on the inducer .

Turbine housings , you should be able to buy them in T3 flange to suit a Garrett BB turbo with a GT30 turbine . If running an integral waste gate should be easy to get .

You cartridge is the same as that GT3076R 56T got . The part number is 700177-7 , sometimes shown as -5007 .

In the GTX gen 2 era the bearing pack changed to the G series type and the part number changed as well .

You could get a new old stock cartridge or a later one as they are supposed to be interchangeable in the turbine and compressor housings .

And I did look , T3 flanged non gated .GT30 single scroll housings should be available and are V band outlet .

Or you can use the T3 flanged integral gate ones with the Ford XR6 style outlet , been done to death on factory RB25 exhaust manifolds . Gated or not gated housings aren't cheap as they are made of Ni resist material .

Cheers , A .