SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

mr_bobareno

Chasing info on this R33 GTR.

Hey All,

Ive bought this 1995 R33 GTR from NSW at auction and wondering if anyone knows any history on this car and more so the motor? Haven't got it started yet as its missing the computer, but seems to have a fairly built motor. Cars in pretty good condition but the paints faded. Think of doing a colour change.....thoughts?

61501881O.jpeg

61501884O.jpeg

61501883O.jpeg

61501882O.jpeg

How much does a non running no history gtr go for nowadays?

Pretty brave hoping the engine is OK, hope it works out

8 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

How much does a non running no history gtr go for nowadays?

Well the one advertised last week for $45K lasted 2 days.

At 45k no surprise. Seems Cheap.

I was trying to get one imported but you need a min of $70k. The American import doors have opened and pushed the prices right up. 

Got the car started today. 😀 Gearbox or clutch is cooked😏. Put a stock ECU in so not running too nice.

This car seems to be setup for drag. Took the covers off to have a look and was happy to see some HKS cams and APR studs. Was hoping for a stroker kit given the size of the turbo (GTX45xx) but seems stock at a 74mm stroke. Assuming just forged.

Looks like the motors coming out!

1 hour ago, mr_bobareno said:

Assuming just forged.

I wouldn't assume that either given other things about it.

This is brave, but its also good that it's intended to be saved!

On 3/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, mr_bobareno said:

At 45k no surprise. Seems Cheap.

I was trying to get one imported but you need a min of $70k. The American import doors have opened and pushed the prices right up. 

Got the car started today. 😀 Gearbox or clutch is cooked😏. Put a stock ECU in so not running too nice.

This car seems to be setup for drag. Took the covers off to have a look and was happy to see some HKS cams and APR studs. Was hoping for a stroker kit given the size of the turbo (GTX45xx) but seems stock at a 74mm stroke. Assuming just forged.

You can still import a decent condition R33 GTR for 40 - 50k providing you are using a broker not a dealer. It all depends on how fastidious you are. a mutual friend of mine bought in a series 3 auction graded R/C for 42k about 4 months ago. motor and running gear in excellent condition. just needs some touch up on two panels and interior work.

On 12/03/2021 at 12:03 PM, Nostalgia said:

You can still import a decent condition R33 GTR for 40 - 50k providing you are using a broker not a dealer. It all depends on how fastidious you are. a mutual friend of mine bought in a series 3 auction graded R/C for 42k about 4 months ago. motor and running gear in excellent condition. just needs some touch up on two panels and interior work.

$42k seems like a steal! Maybe i should buy a few and sell them in OZ for $60K. I'll be rich before you know it!

Put a camera down the cylinders today. Looks good. Can see the Nitto logo on top of the piston. Off to the tune shop this week so they can have a look at it and do a base tune.

Should of dropped the sump plug and seen if its got aftermarket rods as well !