SAU Community

BC Racing Coilovers

I'd like to consider upgrading the suspension in my E90 this year. I'm far from being in a position to be able to afford anything, but I can still research :)

The BC Coilovers that @Just Jap Racingsell - does anybody have any opinions or reviews? They look really nice and seem to have a lot of good features. They definitely seem to be good bang for buck.

These are the ones I'm keen on. https://justjap.com/products/bc-racing-coilover-suspension-kit-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-2

4 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

You'll want still streetish yes? Would go the blitz, i have found the ride to be better, different valving allegedly, although not pulled them apart to see.

Yeah definitely streetish. It's still my daily. I'll look them up, any idea of spring rates? I guess they'd differ.

I have full set of BC's in my HR31 Skyline that I use for street and track and they are great. Select the right spring rate and you have 32 position shock adjustment to get the right setting for street and track. Great pricing too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had bc coils on my frs back in 2014, was not a fan of them at all. They offered about the same handling as stock with a harsher ride, the damping adjustments where hardly noticeable. I swapped to swift springs and 1 kg softer after a year and they where better but i swapped out to fortune auto 500s around 2015-2016 with the same springs and they blew them away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2021 at 11:42 AM, WalkyHR31 said:

I have full set of BC's in my HR31 Skyline that I use for street and track and they are great. Select the right spring rate and you have 32 position shock adjustment to get the right setting for street and track. Great pricing too.

Have you had anything else in the car to compare them with?

20 hours ago, PranK said:

Have you had anything else in the car to compare them with?

Yes prior to these I had a set of Harrop VL race coilovers with 12 kg springs and Bilstein shocks (non adjustable) revalved to suit. BC's are better with only 9Kg springs. 

I have these in my R33GTST .... with the standard spring rates they sell.

I'm not 100% happy with them, but for the $$ I guess they're ok.

Main complaint would be that they're either too harsh or too mushy for my taste.

• Haha 1