SAU Community

R34 GTT Installing Bride Seats, original Seatbelt?

Hi everyone

I ordered Bride Stradia 3 Seats for my R34 GTT. The law requires me to keep the stock seatbelts working, i wanted to ask if that works in a R34 or if i have to modify anything? Or buy something aditionally.

Thanks in advance!

Did you order genuine seats or is this an ebay special? I'm guessing you ordered bride rails to install the seats?

If they are genuine, the stock seatbelt female buckle attaches to the bride rail. If it's a China special, I have no idea how the seats mount. 

If you just spent $5,000+ on seats. You might want to shop around for an engineer that is happy to sign them off (no guarantees you'll find one though, but you might!). 

They're Street Legal in Switzerland because they have a reclining back 🙂

Thats why i bought 2x genuine seats with 2x genuine bride rails, yes this cost me 5300CHF so around 5700USD.

So the female buckle attaches right to the rail? That would be amazing news. Not so sure what you mean by "sign them off"?

image.png.b97cef7ae367712bb22d781ab65105b8.png

• Like 1

In Australia, certain modifications require an engineer to say that car still meets the Australian Design Regulations for the vehicles year of manufacture. Changing the seats here is one of those mods that need an engineer to inspect the car to say it still 'street legal'. I'm glad you don't have to go through this process! 

This will be nice and easy for you, there is a little L bracket that attaches to the rail which attaches to the female buckle. Everything will essentially keep working as the stock seat does now. 

• Like 1