SAU Community

Engine Bay Painting Questions

Hey All, 

Just a few questions about painting the engine bay of my 2001 Mazda Metro 121. Basically I have chosen to paint it candy gold and am going to just cover the engine and take everything except the block, exhaust manifold and difficult stuff to move out of the engine bay while i spray and pray. 

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me on the things I can take out of the engine bay that are non-essential that don't need to go back in to remove the clutter of cables and tubing running everywhere. I notice aircon seems to take a hell of a lot of room up and, to be fair, it hardly works anyway so thats a go off, but would anyone give me any ideas of what else I can remove before painting thats non-essential to the car.

I will also say, the car is a piece of utter garbage, so I'm not too worried about removing stuff that won't ever go back in for resale, since I don't think it will ever resell.

Thanks Legends.

10 hours ago, _Billy_ said:

aircon seems to take a hell of a lot of room up and, to be fair, it hardly works anyway so thats a go off,

Don't release the air-con gas to atmosphere, have an aircon guy evacuate the system, THINK about the planet. Unfortunately I cannot help with your other questions, I don't know what a Mazda Metro 121 is. Possibly get more responses from a Mazda forum.

• Like 1